Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
164's out there

I know this is a bit late from your posting of the origional but....yes there are some of us out there. I have a 164 vintage 1991, and a 1986 Spider and love them BOTH!! I also have a Range Rover (yes I'm a glutton for maintainence) but they all serve a worthwhile purpose in my life. Glad to see some of us have good taste when it comes to motoring!! John

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
John how time has flown since I wrote that post in 2003. I now only have 164s but a bunch more than in 2003.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I am in Louisville ky

I have a 91 164s, a 77 Alfetta sedan and a 79 Sprint Veloce.
Paul

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I am in Louisville ky

Paul
Oh also a junker Volvo 740 16v

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
Yep, MJKHPNS aka Magic Happens and it still one I use over on 164 forum. My bride came up with that handle for our vanity plate on her Jeep many years ago. Sounded much better than the old **it happens of yore. We have been pretty lucky with it, too.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Nice bump John P!!

Nick here with a black 1992 164S. Hasn't been out since the weekend, but I love every moment behind the wheel.

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
gt601 said:
Paul
Oh also a junker Volvo 740 16v
That picture in your heading sure resembles a pre 79 X1/9 are you a Fluster too?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys, I must say I've always had a passion for the british sporting side as well as the "Best 4X4" being Land Rover Products...(I've had quite a few),My Favorite car of all time was a TR-6, UNTIL I bought my Spider a few months ago(with some trepidation I might add..). Since then the little Alfa has warmed a place in my heart that has been cold for OH SO MANY YEARS!! As a result the 164 L (Black with Tan Leather) has added EXTRA warmth as well. I was always frightened of crossing over to the Italian side of the motoring world (Oh what a fool I was) and have even thought (ONLY FOR A MOMENT) of looking at the LAFORZA to replace my Range Rover (SORRY NOT POSSIBLE!!). But seriously I have not been happier with the 2 Alfas that I have....John

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
91 164 S white on black with just over 80k driven every day!:D
91 164 L auto white on tan with just over 70k driven every day till she hit something with the oil pan!:mad:
95 164 LS stick black on tan with about 117k her new driver as soon as the parts come from Germany (ac/pump and euro lights):confused:
91 164 S white on black with about 145k was daily driver till I hit the neighbors car in reverse!:( Now sold to Alfissimo.
91 164 L auto black on black PARTS CAR tow yard find.:)

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
That was my beloved 78 X. I really miss it sometimes.
Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
164s owner alive and well in Portland Oregon

I have a 1991 164s 12v currently having some major work done:
1. replacement engine
2. steering rack
3. New clutch
4. Steppers and Blower motor replaced
5. Belts / bushings / hoses
6. Hi performance x-drilled rotors

Needs repainting / replacement windshield. (cracked mine when trying to undo the dash screws (steeper motor repair)
This 164s has medallions on the C-pillars (green clover leaf) any ideas? factory or prior owner?

Need details of the wires that go to:
the fire wall distribution, the car disc lacks sufficient details:
Does any on have pics? of schematic?
Which wires go to which connector on the AC anti-freeze thermo.?

·
Registered
720 Posts
There are more of us than you probably realize. I have a 1994 LS and am proud of it. It is dark blue with tan interior. Its an automatic but I still love to drive it every chance I get.

Regards,

Jeff
Dallas, Texas

1999 Mercury Mystique GS (wife's car as she wanted something reliable)
1994 164 LS
1977 Fiat 124 sport spider

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
pdg1975 said:
I have a 1991 164s 12v currently having some major work done:
1. replacement engine
2. steering rack
3. New clutch
4. Steppers and Blower motor replaced
5. Belts / bushings / hoses
6. Hi performance x-drilled rotors

Needs repainting / replacement windshield. (cracked mine when trying to undo the dash screws (steeper motor repair)
This 164s has medallions on the C-pillars (green clover leaf) any ideas? factory or prior owner?

Need details of the wires that go to:
the fire wall distribution, the car disc lacks sufficient details:
Does any on have pics? of schematic?
Which wires go to which connector on the AC anti-freeze thermo.?
See http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?p=186345#post186345

1 - 20 of 41 Posts