Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Push hard and live
11,029 Posts
Hey. We'd all have fun on track days and show N shines.

Reactions: ganunez

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
And it’s not like he is passing it off as something it isn’t... personally I like the build.

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
And it’s not like he is passing it off as something it isn’t... personally I like the build.
Agreed. Would be fun to own. He could have put any motor in there, but he chose an Alfa motor, even if not anything like the original. I like that.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I like it. He lives around here ('here' being Newport Beach CA for the confused) and is part of our Cars and Coffee crew, often brings his wee fella to breakfast. I don't really know him other than to say g'day but he seems like a straight up bloke who genuinely likes these sorts of cars.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Contrary to some thinking around here, I think it is a great example of highly skilled workmanship. It fills the intended purpose. But, I'm wondering if the height of the "roll bar" behind the drivers head would keep this car from entering club events..

·
Registered
303 Posts
I saw the build on TV and it looks great for a homage car-better than most.. The TV model used MG TD frame rails and the Alfa 2.0. He built forms for the fiber glass body. Here's the interesting bit; he started a kit car company with some guys in the UK. THey modified it for production purposes. THe kit version has been designed around an MX5-Miata to us the the USA using the Mazda drivetrain. AIR, the completed kit weights in around 750KG

Completed parts run around $16,000 plus shipping and Mazda donor. In the UK, they have created a Vintage racing recreation class for this car so we might see a dozen of these competing. I have never seen a completed one but if the level of fit and finish compares to the Beck 550 Spyder, I'd be interested

Here is the website for the kit

Build your own F1 Legend from a single Mazda MX-5 donor - Tipo184

There is no way I'd ever afford the real deal and while I'm sure it pales against an authentic one, its a fun single seater that will take you a couple hundred hours and won't bankrupt you. There's a butt for every seat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts