Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering painting my '74 restoration spider one of these white alfa colors. Does anyone have one that they could post or email me a picture of so I could get an idea of what the color looks like on the car. Thanks, Paul.

·
Premium Member
1978 Spider
497 Posts
What color is it now? What color is the interior?
There is an off white Spider I've seen around these parts, black top and interior IIFC and I think it's alright,maybe better than pure white.- I'm not a fan of white cars or black interiors-
Off white /tan interior sure, I'd drive it!
Jim

·
Registered
467 Posts
Not the prettiest of cars, but here's mine. I always thought I'd hate a white car, but the interior goes great with this shade. I have a much better picture but it appears to be too large. I'll put it on a server later and post a link, but it's bed time know.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Mine has always been white. When I did the resto and repaint I picked a Chrysler color that iirc was called Stone White and it was either 2003 or 2004 when I did it (man how time flys). The color is close to the original but is of course a modern base/clear coat with a richer, creamy bronze tint to it. White is a color that you have to study up on because the subtle tone differences really show up. It's very easy for it to be too white or too off of white. I was very happy with this choice and get compliments all the time from people who flat out admit that they never liked white Spiders until they saw mine.

The pictures give an idea but you really need to see it in person in various lighting conditions to appreciate it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
AR008 Bianco Farina on 1966 Duetto

Here's my AR008 Bianco Farina Duetto. For non-Italian speakers, "farina" means flour, which gives a good idea of the color in person. It's not pure, bright white, and it's not ivory either. I wasn't a fan of white until I had this car. Notice, a lot of the factory literature includes photos of these cars in white. I have lots of these pictures if you're interested in seeing them. That must mean something; maybe Mr. Pininfarina liked them in this color. Anyway, it's nice to have these cars in something other than red! Having said that (to not offend anyone) I really loved my 1969 osso di sepia spider in its orange red livery. Absolutely lovely.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
My two spiders are both a pearl white that was similar to the original Alfa white. Both do have black interiors with black tops. Reminds me of a tuxedo and looks very 'formal'. I love what the pearl does with the lines of the car.

Best Regards,
John M.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful cars, thank you. Mine was originally a yellowish white, but painted over in red. I'm stripping it down to metal and starting over with something like Tigrrr's Bianco Farina or John's pearl white. The interior will be tan. I'm also thinking that I like a steel blue or silver blue, but I can't find this in an Alfa color. Thanks again, Paul.

·
Registered
837 Posts
All of them are beautiful, thanks for posting the photos!

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty.... for a white car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Radamm, ouch!

It's interesting how such a beautiful shape needs no embellishment (no color, no chrome trim, etc.) to still be stunning. It's a true testament to Italian design, in particular to Pininfarina. This car is the automotive version of the woman who can wear torn jeans and a tee shirt with no makeup and still look amazingly beautiful.

This is probably the main reason I like my Duetto white. It makes the focal point of the car the car itself, not the paint. If it can look this good white... Didn't Sarah Palin say, "You can put lipstick on a pig...". Oh yeah, she said something different. Never mind. :)

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Ivorio

I believe the color of the car you are referring to is "Ivorio".
I parted out a '79 that was Ivory with beautiful (when it was new) cocoa brown interior leather and vinyl. I looked at some to early advertisment's for Alfa's and it was a feature color in the late '70's
I even like the sound of the name for the color in Italian.:)

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
My two spiders are both a pearl white that was similar to the original Alfa white. Both do have black interiors with black tops. Reminds me of a tuxedo and looks very 'formal'. I love what the pearl does with the lines of the car.

Best Regards,
John M.
Ok John, just wondering about your SS in the background; its been awhile since it followed you home and neither one of you are getting any younger and I have to say: enough is enough- its time !
(It will be that special pearl white also I assume)

·
Registered
445 Posts
This is mine... White with Burgandy interior.. I am thinking about replacing the hood with a burgandy one too... Looks great against the white paint work!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Ok John, just wondering about your SS in the background; its been awhile since it followed you home and neither one of you are getting any younger and I have to say: enough is enough- its time !
(It will be that special pearl white also I assume)
Hey Bill:

Been playing with the idea of either getting to work on her or selling her. But if she gets done by me...I will likely go original white on her.....although pearl would be stunning....or would it be shunning!:D As of today...the parts are spread out across the upstairs man cave room. Did a big cataloging of what is there and what is not. Fortunately...got the motor and its serial matches the body. And that never happened! The big crate just out of the picture to the right of the S4 houses a new windshield for the SS. And I have been snapping up parts here and there for awhile. But haven't fully dedicated myself to it. Actually, been weighing 308 running and driving versus SS needing full resto. Which would I rather have in that corner. You know how that argument turns out!:D:D:D

Best Regards,
John M

1 - 20 of 23 Posts