Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm moving to Vancouver, WA in a few weeks (sorry for being another one of those, but in my defense, I'm bringing Alfas), and my cars will follow soon afterwards. I was looking at collector car registration, or registering with antique plates (green/white plates from the 70s?), and noticed the restrictions on those plates include driving it to and from events, for testing purposes, and "for the pleasure of others". That last one is so vague I don't even know what it means - does that include, say, running over to the store and leaving it on the street so others can enjoy looking at it? Or is the vagueness the whole point, as long as I'm not driving it to work ever day?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Hi Chris,
I have the green & white plates on all my Alfas. In Washington, you pay when you first register as a collector vehicle and that's it. No annual fees, no emissions tests. Also, you are only required to display the rear plate.

I've never been questioned about my usage, but I don't drive any of them daily.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I've had them on my '73 GTV since it was eligible. Never had any problems. I also see old pieces of crap driving around with them on that I'm sure are being daily driven. I don't think you will have any troubles with an Alfa.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

Just to clarify, I'm not looking to daily drive mine, but I do like to get them out for exercise frequently - making sure I can take them out for pleasure outside of organized events. And it'd be fun to keep having period plates, even if they're not from the cars' home state.

·
Registered
739 Posts
You will be fine for what you want to use your car for.

BTW I just found out that the stumble bums in Olympia changed the rules in 2013. Now your car has to be 30 years old instead of 25. No problem for your cars, but I was looking foward to putting classic plates on my '91 Miata in 2016.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts