Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about the console tunnel pieces on my '84 Spider... I removed my console in order to tighten my very loose and sloppy gear shift which led to my removing the yucky paint job by the P.O. on the console and restoring it to the original very nice original navy blue which led to my current question as I'm starting to put it all back together... what in the world attaches to these holes in the tunnel cover pieces that I have circled in yellow on the attached photos?

I don't see anything that lines up with these holes, yet I have to assume (yes, I know, never assume ANYTHING on an Alfa) that at one time something attached to these holes. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

David

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Eric,

That makes sense. Looks like I will have to search for one of those as i don't see that part listed on IAP's website. That is probably the reason why the tunnel covers flop around so much.

With every new project, I find that my Alfa has so many missing pieces, it's a wonder that it's still holding together, much less running!

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Eric,

Is that part number "11560.63148.00" ? The older I get, the smaller numbers and letter get.

Thanks,

David

·
Administrator
17,698 Posts
I'll look up the part number later - it's on my home computer.

And, thinking further, instead of a trim screw, I think there may be a small clip that attaches to the single hole. That clip then fits into a slot to hold the bottom of the side panel against the trans tunnel.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Eric,

Aha... I've located those clips and I've just fitted them into the slots and that's a huge improvement on movement.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Eric,

Thanks! Now I just have to locate one or get the dimensions in order to create one myself. I'm thinking it's a simple thing to replicate with a piece of channel.

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts