Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Alfa introduced the 2000 range on the US market, they delivered Berlinas and GTVs with a sticker at the base of the rear window to show the world they had found the best solution to meet EPA standards: fuel injection.

When I started shopping for used Alfas in the late 70s, the sticker was sometimes still there, sometimes most of it had dried out and fallen off. On the rear window of my 1974 GTV, when I clean the inside of the window I can see a rectangular outline showing where the glue was.

Ossodiseppia is up to the challenge of trying to make some, but I want to make sure we have the exact style and wording. The closest I've found is this photo of a sad Berlina which was advertised locally last year.

Did the GTV version say "2000 GTV" or "2000 GT Veloce"? My memory thinks the second is right...

I've searched period ads and road tests with no success. Does this bring back any memories? Or did this only exist on the Canadian market?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I have seen the rear window sticker on GTV but no clue what it said. But look at all the other stickers on that Berlina. Is that yellow a Zeibart?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Deleted

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is that yellow a Zeibart
Sure is, Ken. It worked good, most of the car is still there.

Most of the local Alfas I saw in my early days either had Ziebart, Dura Coat or Eonizer rustproofing stickers somewhere.

No, we don't want to reproduce those.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Hi Yves,
I believe your answer is just next door. This is a sticker in a 74 rear window still in my possession.
I was contacted by a fellow who wanted to reproduce this. Never followed up in it. Let me know if you want to see it.
Cheers, James

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fantastic... of course, I want to see and measure it.

But I'm really starting to wonder if this was an Alfa Romeo Canada thing. Anybody ever see one in the US?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
But I'm really starting to wonder if this was an Alfa Romeo Canada thing. Anybody ever see one in the US?
I’ve seen more than my fair share of GTVs in the SF BayArea and can’t remember ever seeing that rear window sticker in 30 years. My original rear window has no tell tales of a sticker.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I’ve seen more than my fair share of GTVs in the SF BayArea and can’t remember ever seeing that rear window sticker in 30 years. My original rear window has no tell tales of a sticker.
Like Ken, I'm also from the SF bay area and never seen that sticker when shopping for a new GTV at the various dealers.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,289 Posts
Really, only someone who was involved in the distribution would know the answer. It's entirely possible the cars with these stickers were used in car shows to promote the product line.

Yves, the more detail you get when you visit, the better graphics file I can create for you. If you get pictures of each "word", that will help me try to find a matching font. You might as well measure the height of the letters so I can draw them at the same size.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts