Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
129 Posts
****, that's truly hideous. That's a Spica manifold with a set of carbs on adapter plates. Bad idea, IMHO, it's advisable to spend a little more and use a proper carb manifoldand stock air cleaner, or better yet, to keep the Spica. But I digress.

·
Registered
936 Posts
the car DOES look pretty on the outside. i love the silver/red color combo . . .

but notice that while the body is silver on the outside, the door jams, trunk, and engine compartment are still white from the original paint.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Speedo

As an European I can't help laughing of the Speedo - RED LINED AT 55 MPH, MAX SPEED 85 MPH.
I know that when this Spider was new, the overall speed limit was 55 MPH, but 85 in a 120 MPH sports car? I know it would otherwise not be legal. I know it now changed, but HA, HA.
To bad about the front, body otherwise looks alright.
The non heel and toeing boots are better suited for the Yank Tanks with slouch boxes the seller otherwise deal in.
Erik

·
Registered
666 Posts
Not the best execution of a front mod I've seen, but not too bad. It might have looked more integrated if the rear were cleaned up to match (lose the bumper- wouldn't help with the "street legal" issue, though)- Bruno out in Thousand Oaks had a modified Duetto with a twin spark engine, old Ferrari front bumpers :eek: and some other body mods- overall worked in a strange way. I believe he sold it on eBay a year or two ago- hopefully found a happy home!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts