Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks about as mint as you can get - will be interesting to see what she fetches. Or if it makes reserve. 59k mi? that's 2.7 miles per year! - Which begs to wonder, "how can one own such a nice GTV6 and ignore it's cries [from the garage] for an Italian tune-up!? Abbandono! hehe eBay Motors: Alfa Romeo (item 220196650321 end time Feb-03-08 19:46:16 PST)

-NEVER MIND ALL THIS NONSENSE ABOUT THE 2.7 MILES PER YEAR - THE MATH COMES TO ~2700MI PER YEAR. MY STUPID MISTAKE.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Cars for sale should be in the classifieds section yes? (I actually had checked b4 posting, but didn't think the check the other forum) BTW - bidding went to $9100.00 as of this posting (1 day 9hrs left - reserve still not met)

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
It makes me very happy to see these wonderful cars [GTV6's] start to attain their real value. They have been undervalued too long.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Cars for sale should be in the classifieds section yes? (I actually had checked b4 posting, but didn't think the check the other forum) BTW - bidding went to $9100.00 as of this posting (1 day 9hrs left - reserve still not met)
You know, you are right about this section being more appropriate for any ebay listing... It seems like we do watch auctions from different forums, and we really should agree to be consistent...

Best regards,

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey HeavyMetal,

Yeah, what a beauty eh? Unfortunately there are probably only a handful in the whole North American continent in this condition! IMO though - to truly love these cars is to drive 'em, hell, I put more than three miles on mine every time I get behind the wheel!!

But the real problem in finding a 116 car in this condition is the fact that they disintegrate like a snow man in acid rain - when exposed to the elements. My car hails from California, and it still has a teeny bit of rust!

If you want to drive it, then insurance becomes an issue. You know how "murphy" works, 'beautiful, bright, sunny day, you pull-up for a Starbucks and the NY Times, and some kid playing with his radio while texting his homeys crashes his momma's car into it right in front of your eyes... Doh!, "enough of the negative waves moriarity!" To add insult to injury, your insurance company totalls it, and cuts you a check for $7500.00

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
That guy has a great example but I think his pics don't do it justice. Remember that Grey one that sold for $8500 or so on Ebay a few months ago? That guy had really good pics and bunches of them and his car was not as nice as this one.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
mine had 60k on it when i got it..now at 75k....how someone can NOT drive these 6's baffles me...there just soooo **** fun

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Yeah, it IS scary beautiful. Thats why my favorite GTV6 is a beater that I saved from the crusher! I fixed the rust industrial style and pounded out a couple dents. The car is mechanically excellent and REALLY fast! If someone parking lot dings me, I won't even notice!!
You are right TB, there are vanishingly few of this caliber. I've owned over 30 GTV6s and never anything THAT clean !!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Most of bidders on that car looked like they just joined ebay. Seems kind of strange.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Most of bidders on that car looked like they just joined ebay. Seems kind of strange.
I was thinking the same thing. Two bidders with zero history, not quite at reserve yet. So the first true bidder pushes it over that mark ;) I may be a cynic but I'm with you on this one.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Two bidders with zero history, not quite at reserve yet. So the first true bidder pushes it over that mark ;) I may be a cynic but I'm with you on this one.
False bidders on Ebay? Heavens the very thought!:eek:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
it shorrr is purrty. :D seriously, nice car, but i agree, better pics are needed. the exterior shots are pretty good, but i can just imagine how much more you could do with a decent camera and half an hour. somebody buy this car so i can take pics of it and do it justice. :)

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I stand corrected. 2700mi per yr. Silly me, ...must 'ave divided 59 by 22. Either way, a pampered example for sure. Not even a discernable grocery store dent in the doors. "pity da fool" that makes that mistake...
:D
I can imagine what it would look like with the front-end lowered and a set of Ronal A1's or 164QV rims. Indeed!
164QV_Wheel_sm.jpg

Those wine glass rims are the same one's that came on the '89 Milano Gold I owned. Lot's of offset and very soft. They'll bend if you run over a squirrel. The roads in Illinois are so bad (despite highway robbery at every tollway stop) when I drive to Wisconsin, or Iowa, it's like the difference the space shuttle astronauts feel once they break past the atmosphere and into space!
- I ended up mounting 164 steel rims and the phone-dial hub caps. Looked pretty good actually (w/1/4" Shankle alum spacers at the rear).

One way to determine if ID's are fake, that is, ID's created to inflate the bidding process (kinda' like inside trading) is when the item gets re-listed a couple of times after making reserve or coming very close. IMO - ebay shouldn't allow bidders to hide their ID's.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
One way to determine if ID's are fake, that is, ID's created to inflate the bidding process (kinda' like inside trading) is when the item gets re-listed a couple of times after making reserve or coming very close.
I know, and it's so obvious when it gets relisted within a day or so of the end of auction. You're supposed to give a buyer ten days to complete a sale so if the buyer were real, how come the item is relisted in a day or two? I know it's tough to police but come on now...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't own a GTV6 but I want to. I heard on an ebay auction selling a gtv that the mileage meter only goes to 99,999. GTV6 owners is this true?? If so, can't many of the GTVs that say 60k miles 80k miles be 160k 180k or even 260k etc??

not saying this is the case for this one, this one actually looks pretty clean and new

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Well, the auction ended with the winning bid at $10,800. This pretty much in line with past prices that have been seen on ebay for this type of condition GTV. Other that were in similar or a bit better shape, but with lower mileage went for a few thousand dollars more. Another one that had lower mileage, but didn't look as good went for this same range.

I heard on an ebay auction selling a gtv that the mileage meter only goes to 99,999. GTV6 owners is this true??
I am not a GTV6 owner, but th answer is yes, that's as high as the odometer goes.

Best regards,

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Actually, on either earlier or later GTV6's, I forget which, the odometer goes to 999,999. I think its the later ones. The early ones reset at 99,999

now to see if it re-listed !!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I don't own a GTV6 but I want to. I heard on an ebay auction selling a gtv that the mileage meter only goes to 99,999. GTV6 owners is this true?? If so, can't many of the GTVs that say 60k miles 80k miles be 160k 180k or even 260k etc??

not saying this is the case for this one, this one actually looks pretty clean and new
Having owned a couple of these cars, the ones with 160K miles are easily distinguished from the ones with 60K miles. Among other things, the interior trim pieces are terribly fragile on these cars and deteriorate rather quickly with use.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts