Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Another one hits the road

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Stefano2600 
#1 ·
It has been and arduous and expensive 2 year restoration and bureaucratic job, and the car still needs some improvements, but finally this morning, on a wonderful sunny day, I have been able to legally drive the 2000 spider (still have the smile in my face)

I am posting some pictures in case someone may be interested in the color combination I finally decided for.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Francisco,

Beautiful! I almost chose to have the interior use a darker binding as you, but decided it would be too much. On your car it looks very nice and I'm almost wishing I had done it.

Can you tell us what are the 5 bumps or buttons showing in the last picture near the bottom of the rear side interior panel? I have not seen this before.

Congratulation!

Don

#5 · (Edited)
Hi Don,

Thanks for your congratulations and your posts, they have been of great help during this time. The 5 bumps or buttons that you mention are rivets for ventilation purposes (...as if the spider needs any additional ventilation). There was something similar in the original black upholstery but I think with smaller and black rivets (though I am not too sure about this...it has been a too long restoration). Additionally, the upholsterer meant that this could be a good place to put 2 rear speakers :)

#7 ·
Francisco,

Your car looks fantastic. The paint quality is outstanding. You must be very proud.

As one who is not yet weary of red Alfas (and will likely be painting mine similarly), I must ask you what paint type/code you used. The shade appears to be not too overly red, but not orange either. It looks really nice, at least how it is presented on my screen.

Thanks,
Steve

#8 ·
Hi Steve, I went for the ¨Rosso Alfa¨ (code AR-501) and I am very satisfied with the result. As you say, there is no orange shades which was important for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.