Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I purchased my '84 Spider last August so I only had a couple months to drive her before putting away for the winter. Lots of salt on the roads here in western PA but it won't be long until I can enjoy an entire summer of top-down cruising. I have been reading this forum since I purchased the car and there is a ton of excellent information. I am also certain that I will be asking all of you officianados a lot of questions. I have included a photo (which I know is a must) and my daughter has named her Gianna.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Lovely car...bet you can't wait until the spring thaw. Oh, and don't even whisper the word 'salt' within earshot of Gianna....
Enjoy it ! And welcome to the BB...

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Western PA isn't that far from Lexington, in Central Kentucky; the site of the 2011 Alfa Romeo Owners Club national convention. Consider joining AROC, if you haven't already, and taking Gianna for a road trip. Alfas in the Bluegrass

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice. Don't listen to the haters- we know the blue ones are quick. ;)
Best of luck with her, she's fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Welcome to the BB, beaner922!

You've bought a good, 'though I must confess that I'm not impartial... Have a look at this post from a few years back.

Best regards,

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice S3

Very nice car! What color is it exactly, metallic blue or is it aqua blue with light play?

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Really nice car! We're just getting Spring weather over here in Blighty so I was out in mine yesterday, top down of course (but newly repaired heater set to full).

I resemble Mr Tomato Head today though...LOL.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Good question poods2. Is there a paint code stamped somewhere that I can reference?
If you open the trunk and look in the underside of the trunk lid, you will see the paint sticker. (BTW, that is an original Spider color of the period.)

Best regards,

·
Registered
125 Posts
My Spider still has the original paint it's metallic blue. I can't remember the code off hand but it has stood up well for nearly 30 years but it was a garage queen for 27 of them.
Enjoy the summer if it ever gets here.
Cheers and good luck with her,
Kevin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry it took so long to get this answer, the car has been under cover until this past weekend. The sticker in the trunk says CELESTE METALL A.R. 365. It really is a beautiful color. On to a different topic. I have found that the bottom edge of the gas pedal pokes into the bottom of my foot at an odd angle. I have to lift my heal off of the floor and sort of come down onto the pedal to depress it. Is this normal?? It is quite uncomfortable.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Can't seem to find a pic of the footbox showing the orientation of the pedal right now
(no surprise actually, but I do know they are out there.... somewhere....)

Suffice to say that, yes, the throttle pedal has an odd line to it.
Lotta folks tend to keep thier heel in line with the brake pedal, or between brake and throttle, then flop the foot to the side and use the toes to work the end of the throttle pedal.

There's mods that can be done to get more legroom and/or a more confortable pedal also by moving the existing pedal, trimming it, or outright replacing it.

Note that the loud pedal should not be as high off the floor as the whoah pedal.
If it is, then some serious adjustment needs to be done before even considering foot placement.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
This throttle is too high IMO, and the clutch pedal pivot is obviously roached, but it does show the angle well.

Rusty, but about right:

You can see it peeking around the spoke of the steering wheel:

Dunno if this pic is too dark to see or not:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts