Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems 'mystery' parts are quite popular these days. I've got one I've been meaning to post since I found it under the parcel shelf of my S3, along with all kinds of other discarded crap. The plastic knurled knob is on a threaded post that unscrews completely, and has a metal tension spring that presses against it. The part looks vaguely familiar to me, like I've seen one before, somewhere, sometime. I have no clue. Anyone have an idea?

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I've rebuilt my S3 from ground, really, and I have absolutely no idea. Two options then: 1) I'm getting old and I can't remember or 2) This is not a S3 part. Fingers crossed for #2 ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I guess its just some non-Alfa part. Like I said, the rear shelf area was used as a dumping ground for some reason. But I did find some useful Alfa parts among the debris.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have a couple of my own I was just getting ready to post, if this is not a threadjack.

These may be from a Roundtail spider. I have seen several of the top/left pieces over many years so maybe from my Giulietta days? Or maybe the same piece has just been moved from one box of unknowns to another.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I can answer that one @61SS
Those belong to the back of the seat track rails, they look just like the ones I took off my S2 so my guess is that they belong to your S1.

They are stoppers for the seat, but because there isn't going to slide out of the back of the tracks due to the parcel shelf, they arent super important (IMO).

·
Registered
383 Posts
I can answer that one @61SS
Those belong to the back of the seat track rails, they look just like the ones I took off my S2 so my guess is that they belong to your S1.

They are stoppers for the seat, but because there isn't going to slide out of the back of the tracks due to the parcel shelf, they arent super important (IMO).
Thanks! Just the two similar looking pieces on the right? Is it one per seat? By the tunnel or sill? I have the seats out now as I am finishing up the interior. This would be a good time to install these.

Does the piece on the top/left also fit in there somehow?

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
All three go to one seat, the piece in the center sits in one of those other brackets when it’s installed. That attach in the seat rail on the back side, pointing towards the trunk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts