Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all the info I found on this site I got my heater working.I did the pencil trick thru the bottom vent.I don't know if it was rusted as much as it was filled with critter nest.This was a barn find.First I tried blowing thru the vents with my shop vac in leaf blowing mode thinking could get the fan moving and when I saw all the stuff coming out I knew I was on to something.I then squirted some lube in the vent and then moved the fan and it moved fairly easily.I hit the key and bang it started.All kinds of shredded plastic parts of a shopping bag came out.the best part is my lights on the dash work as they are supposed to.This the best bb out there.Now if I can get my radio and fog lights working most of the electric will be working.
Harry

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Good for you! Mine spins freely but wont run. I get indication on the dash (fan symbol) for both modes. A power probe arrived the other day; I'll try to directly apply power before ripping into the console to remove it...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading how hard it is to remove the heater I was almost going to give up on it.There are a lot of post on how to do it here.Good luck and I hope you get lucky like me.It was in the low 20's here today and I sat in the drive way just enjoying the heat although it is still throwing bits of the critter nest all over the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts