Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1971 Alfa Romeo Spider 1750 Kamm tail
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another gauge question. When I turn my lights on the light to the water temp gauge does not go on. Can the light bulb be changed on those little gauges? If so, are the bulb available??

Thanks folks!!!

Ed

·
Registered
208 Posts
Here is another gauge question. When I turn my lights on the light to the water temp gauge does not go on. Can the light bulb be changed on those little gauges? If so, are the bulb available??

Thanks folks!!!

Ed
I just replaced my bulb in my 85 spider temp gauge. I took out the liner to the glove box and reached around and accessed the bulb. This is the blind way but you will feel the bulb.

·
Registered
1971 Alfa Romeo Spider 1750 Kamm tail
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help...Last night I followed the steps on the link of gadwhite from Sloboy89's link and it worked great! Got my temp gauge back on!! Thanks everyone!!

Now, since this is week 1 for me owning an Alfa I'm waiting to see if the "low on fuel" light is going to go on. My needle is currently bouncing between "E" and 1/4 tank but no light yet.....Maybe it's a bad bulb???? What do you guys think??
Ed

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
The fuel gauge and the low-fuel light are not part of the same wiring circuit at the sender. The sender unit accessible from the trunk has four wires (ground, power, fuel level, and low-fuel). If you ground the low-fuel-warning-light wire (white/black on my 85) with key on, the low-fuel warning light should go on. If it doesn't, you could try replacing the bulb.

Hopefully, this board is helpful to you as you move forward on your project. If so, you might consider becoming a subscriber, although it is not required.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ed, Once my gauge is below 1/4 tank all I have to do is stop quickly and the 'low fuel' light goes on. Much easier to see at night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts