Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
eBay GTV's

Simon,

I have been watching Alfa's on eBay for several years. I have noticed the Spider market drop while the GTV market has gradually crept up. I am partial to the older step nose GTV's.

My white '67 was originally sold in Germany. My gauges are metric and she's got a Talbot mirror way out on the fender. The 1600 in this one runs great but not nearly as torquey as the 2-liter in my outgoing Spider. I have a spare 2-liter that I'll drop in the GTV some day.

Are you GTV seekers only looking for 1750's or 2000's? My 2nd '67 GTV runs rough and is not driveable. It is complete, but has rust in the rockers. I have a friend coming to look at it tomorrow. I may be parting it out and selling him the body only. I'd hate to put any GTV to sleep though. On the other hand, I have proudly retired five non-Alfa cars to the junkyard. Anyone interested in a '67 GTV project car?

I can't believe this '67 got $6,100 on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5356&item=1875490723&rd=1

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Originally posted by alfa_chan
...and the quote from
https://www.dasautoshippers.com/ebay/irate.asp (from eBay motors)

is $1045 door to door (open) to LA.

I used these guys to ship my white GTV down from Portland. You can pay $100 extra for them to keep your car on the top of the trailer. You can save $100 by having your seller deliver it to their terminal and by picking it up from the destination terminal yourself. Enclosed carrier service nearly doubles the cost.

It cost me around $500 but the car got down here in three days. Too bad my wife wasn't willing to let me go pick the car up myself. Can you say, "Go Greyhound and leave the driving to us"?

Incidentally, my friend took a bus up to pick up the '74 GTV in Santa Cruz and drove it back.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=1874700103
He sounded a little disappointed with the amount of work needed. But he's working on her and will be reselling it soon. He's a business man. He makes fun of guys like me that fall in love with their Alfas. After owning 30+ Alfa's he's lost his lust.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: Re: Woops

alfa_chan said:
Just wondering from what year did the GTVs starting to have Quad headlights??
I dug through my JPG archives and found this '68 1750 GTV with four headlights and a smooth nose. Although the GT Jr's continued on with dual headlights and the step-nose for a few years.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: I got the steal

Sniady said:
This is my car before I bought it. I saw the picture and rushed to Santa Rosa to pick it up.

Asking price: 5,000
Dropped price: 3,400
Drove off: 3,200
Smile on my face: priceless

oh and it runs and has no rust! It's perfect! (knock on wood)

Holy crap, what a great deal! Good job Sniady!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Sniady said:
I tried to get Simon to buy that GTV. How much was it purchased for? Must be decent if he drove it back home. What was the deal with the bondo on the side of the car? Was it hit? Oh and how much work does that GTV need? It looked clean from the pictures.
That's the GTV that sold for $1825. "Leola" was her name. I didn't get a chance to talk to him too much about it. I'll have to visit him soon.

p.s. nice to know it went into good hands

That's the thing, his good hands will be fixing her up and then he'll sell it for profit. Hopefully the next owner will cherish her. He laughs at sentimentalists (real word?) like me. Key word mental? :eek:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Well less than five months later it looks like my friend is selling "Leola", with no mention of her previous history.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=5356&item=2416650469

Remember the $1825 deal he got? Well his auction is now up to $8500!! Told you he was good at turning a profit on Alfas. I'll bet the replaced parts will be up for auction within a few weeks.

I did forget to mention that this guy is good with his hands and probably did a good majority of the work himself.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.