Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
smestas said:
About 9 hours to go on this one. Only fetching about 1000.00 bucks. Im figuring another 500.00 to ship it to California.

Anyone here want to loan me 1500.00 bucks!

Lets see what happens. This cars motor alone has got to be worth the 1000.00 bucks or is it?
What? Only 500 bucks to ship it?? I've got a quote of 750.
Still want to take a personal look at it though.

I'm now looking at the 73 green one in New York right now... worry about the rust in NY. Asking my friend in NY to go check out the car for me.

How's the okalhoma weather? rusty??:confused:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
smestas said:
I just took another look! That thing is very banged up!
The whole front end is so messed up...
and the quote from
https://www.dasautoshippers.com/ebay/irate.asp (from eBay motors)

is $1045 door to door (open) to LA. :(

Sigh... :eek:

Smestas -
Did the owner send you more detailed picture of it (the OK one)??
I figure out it might be too late to contact him.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
smestas said:

By the way here is another GTV except this one is more local and looks very clean.
Yeah, that one is really nice and I'm keeping a close eye on it.
Might ask my dad to help me out with the $$$ issue if possible.

I still have concern about smogging a 1974 though. Haven't found the information of the smogcheck.ca.gov yet.

Just ran a smog check "check" on that 74 GTV - it passed every single smog test (not failed once), and the last one on August 2002.
Looks like the car is going to get way out of my budget.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Re: I got the steal

Sniady said:
This is my car before I bought it. I saw the picture and rushed to Santa Rosa to pick it up.
Drove off: 3,200
Smile on my face: priceless
Oh my Gosh!

I would fly to NY just to pick ur car up.
Sniady, where did you find it, btw?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
67GTV said:
That's the GTV that sold for $1825. "Leola" was her name. I didn't get a chance to talk to him too much about it. I'll have to visit him soon.

p.s. nice to know it went into good hands

That's the thing, his good hands will be fixing her up and then he'll sell it for profit. Hopefully the next owner will cherish her. He laughs at sentimentalists (real word?) like me. Key word mental? :eek:
:(

Poor Leola
You should have been mine if I didn't mess up the time... and my friends didn't ask me out for lunch. My friend and I were packing up for the drive to Santa Cruz when I found out I messed up the time. I wouldn't believe my eyes when I saw it was already closed @ $1825
:eek:

Kai? How much work did your friend put into it? And how much is he willing to sell it at this moment?? Any picture?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I was looking at that auction and wondering - "Hmm... that car sure looks familiar..." :D

Hopefully someday my GTV will look like that too. Someday :eek:

67GTV said:
Well less than five months later it looks like my friend is selling "Leola", with no mention of her previous history.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=5356&item=2416650469

Remember the $1825 deal he got? Well his auction is now up to $8500!! Told you he was good at turning a profit on Alfas. I'll bet the replaced parts will be up for auction within a few weeks.

I did forget to mention that this guy is good with his hands and probably did a good majority of the work himself.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I think I went to checkout this GTJr when the last owner was selling it. I might be wrong.
If this is the GT Jr that I looked at, it has a fresh cylinder head done by Santo's but the bottom end was broken.

67GTV said:
I don't recall seeing this one before. But I have seen this guy selling other Alfas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.