Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eBay - 1974 GTV

Ok guys this one looks like it might be a great project car! From the images it looks like this car is one of those been sitting in a barn waiting for an owner deals. I emailed the owner and he said that he would be sending me more images of the motor and interior. He also said in his email "The interior is pretty clean. The biggest problem is the damage to the glass. The car runs and drives good". Right now the car is at a low price but she was just posted. Well se what it goes up to. I kind of want the car for myself for a project but since funds are low right now I'd like to see if someone on this board can scoop her up for the right price.

Here is the link:
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1876423321&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
eBay GTV's

Simon,

I have been watching Alfa's on eBay for several years. I have noticed the Spider market drop while the GTV market has gradually crept up. I am partial to the older step nose GTV's.

My white '67 was originally sold in Germany. My gauges are metric and she's got a Talbot mirror way out on the fender. The 1600 in this one runs great but not nearly as torquey as the 2-liter in my outgoing Spider. I have a spare 2-liter that I'll drop in the GTV some day.

Are you GTV seekers only looking for 1750's or 2000's? My 2nd '67 GTV runs rough and is not driveable. It is complete, but has rust in the rockers. I have a friend coming to look at it tomorrow. I may be parting it out and selling him the body only. I'd hate to put any GTV to sleep though. On the other hand, I have proudly retired five non-Alfa cars to the junkyard. Anyone interested in a '67 GTV project car?

I can't believe this '67 got $6,100 on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5356&item=1875490723&rd=1

Attachments

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
About 9 hours to go on this one. Only fetching about 1000.00 bucks. Im figuring another 500.00 to ship it to California.

Anyone here want to loan me 1500.00 bucks!

Lets see what happens. This cars motor alone has got to be worth the 1000.00 bucks or is it?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
smestas said:
About 9 hours to go on this one. Only fetching about 1000.00 bucks. Im figuring another 500.00 to ship it to California.

Anyone here want to loan me 1500.00 bucks!

Lets see what happens. This cars motor alone has got to be worth the 1000.00 bucks or is it?
What? Only 500 bucks to ship it?? I've got a quote of 750.
Still want to take a personal look at it though.

I'm now looking at the 73 green one in New York right now... worry about the rust in NY. Asking my friend in NY to go check out the car for me.

How's the okalhoma weather? rusty??:confused:

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is allot of car transporters on the web. They all give quotes from door to door delivery. It really depends on the service that you select. I've read on other bulletin Boards that for a premium service the car is in a container or more protected than to be on an open trailer with other cars. Another factor is delivery time. Cheaper rates can be weeks for delivery to more $$$ for a few days.

As far as I see on the auction and from what I've discussed with the owner via email the car has been sitting in a shed/barn for quite sometime.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
smestas said:
I just took another look! That thing is very banged up!
The whole front end is so messed up...
and the quote from
https://www.dasautoshippers.com/ebay/irate.asp (from eBay motors)

is $1045 door to door (open) to LA. :(

Sigh... :eek:

Smestas -
Did the owner send you more detailed picture of it (the OK one)??
I figure out it might be too late to contact him.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
smestas said:

By the way here is another GTV except this one is more local and looks very clean.
Yeah, that one is really nice and I'm keeping a close eye on it.
Might ask my dad to help me out with the $$$ issue if possible.

I still have concern about smogging a 1974 though. Haven't found the information of the smogcheck.ca.gov yet.

Just ran a smog check "check" on that 74 GTV - it passed every single smog test (not failed once), and the last one on August 2002.
Looks like the car is going to get way out of my budget.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I got the steal

This is my car before I bought it. I saw the picture and rushed to Santa Rosa to pick it up.

Asking price: 5,000
Dropped price: 3,400
Drove off: 3,200
Smile on my face: priceless

oh and it runs and has no rust! It's perfect! (knock on wood)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Re: I got the steal

Sniady said:
This is my car before I bought it. I saw the picture and rushed to Santa Rosa to pick it up.
Drove off: 3,200
Smile on my face: priceless
Oh my Gosh!

I would fly to NY just to pick ur car up.
Sniady, where did you find it, btw?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Originally posted by alfa_chan
...and the quote from
https://www.dasautoshippers.com/ebay/irate.asp (from eBay motors)

is $1045 door to door (open) to LA.

I used these guys to ship my white GTV down from Portland. You can pay $100 extra for them to keep your car on the top of the trailer. You can save $100 by having your seller deliver it to their terminal and by picking it up from the destination terminal yourself. Enclosed carrier service nearly doubles the cost.

It cost me around $500 but the car got down here in three days. Too bad my wife wasn't willing to let me go pick the car up myself. Can you say, "Go Greyhound and leave the driving to us"?

Incidentally, my friend took a bus up to pick up the '74 GTV in Santa Cruz and drove it back.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=1874700103
He sounded a little disappointed with the amount of work needed. But he's working on her and will be reselling it soon. He's a business man. He makes fun of guys like me that fall in love with their Alfas. After owning 30+ Alfa's he's lost his lust.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts