Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eBay - 1974 GTV

Ok guys this one looks like it might be a great project car! From the images it looks like this car is one of those been sitting in a barn waiting for an owner deals. I emailed the owner and he said that he would be sending me more images of the motor and interior. He also said in his email "The interior is pretty clean. The biggest problem is the damage to the glass. The car runs and drives good". Right now the car is at a low price but she was just posted. Well se what it goes up to. I kind of want the car for myself for a project but since funds are low right now I'd like to see if someone on this board can scoop her up for the right price.

Here is the link:
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1876423321&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

·
Registered
992 Posts
Nice.

Hopefully in the next year I will be able to scoop up a nice GTV 2000 or 1750...and a barn car will come up, or some old lady will say..."I have this Alpha Camero sitting in my garage. I bought it in 1974 and only drove it to church. I'm too old to drive...you should take it off my hands Sonny Boy."

Ah yes...I will continue to dream.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
magista said:
Nice.

Alpha Camero

Ah yes...I will continue to dream.
That's the name of Alfa Romeo on the U-Haul website... :)

-------------

I was looking at the car too... just worried about the rust that the seller mentioned on the decription...
well, it's along the rear end of the car though, better than those on the firewall and floor

Smestas, are you going to bid on it?
I'm going to keep a close eye on it. my eBay id is heimeng, btw

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
No way! To be honest I havnt clicked on the ebay links. I'm tired of looking at stuff I cant buy. For a while I was looking at Trucks and Traliers prices and saying one day! One day!
My Gtv needs fixing before I buy another project.
I'm getting a job in the next two weeks. Just look out for a GTV behind Mcdonalds!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Ohhhh I just remembered! There is a Italian Mechanic in Santa Monica/Wilshire area who had a striped GTV . Has a engine and tranny but is not in the car. I think the engine needs work. He said 3,000 and if he still has it I think you can get it for 1500. It's pretty nice for a project NO RUST. Would've boughten it but I needed a running GTV. This was 4 months ago.

If you want its pretty easy to find this place if youre on Sepulveda and Santa Monica You would be going south with the 405 and there would is a HUGE fitness center on the right side and he's directly across the street. I forget the name of the shop.
But its around there.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Sniady said:
Ohhhh I just remembered! There is a Italian Mechanic in Santa Monica/Wilshire area who had a striped GTV . Has a engine and tranny but is not in the car. I think the engine needs work. He said 3,000 and if he still has it I think you can get it for 1500. It's pretty nice for a project NO RUST. Would've boughten it but I needed a running GTV. This was 4 months ago.
Awesome!!!
That's exactly what I'm looking for... let me go over there sometime this week and see if I can locate the mechanic shop and the GTV.
I would prefer a running GTV too but $$$$...

Thx Sniady!
:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts