Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I stripped out the last of the original sound deadening material on the transmission tunnel (Left the bitumen material in place) and behind the dash (The floor is completely stripped for some minor patch welding).
I managed to undo/loosen the 4 mounting bolts detached vents/pipes/rubbers and slipped the dash forward but it seemed as if there was something around or attached to the heater box which prevented me from sliding it more than 1-2 inched forward.

It's an S2 step front GTV type dash.

What am I missing ?

·
Premium Member
21,707 Posts
Are there 6mm studs/nuts at the outer ends under the A pillar? I would think if it's hitting the heater box you could go up and over. Nothing attached along the perimeter below the windshield? Some dashes have support struts to the bottom, at the heater control location, as a stabilizer. And the heater controls themselves attach there. You got all that undone?

Andrew

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thinking back when I was doing my contortions I think there were some black brackets protruding from the back of the heater box attaching to the dash. I'll dive back in for another look later this week.

Cheers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tacho no, I have stripped that out as it is not working and needs a service. I will check the speedo cable but it seemed as if it was anchored around the heater box. I'll go back with a fresh set of eyes and relaxed back and assess later in the week.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts