Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the correct badging on the rear for a 1991 Spider? Should it have Script "Alfa Romeo" on the Right and "Spider" or "Spider Veloce" on the Left?

Is there any identification plaque/code/sticker on the car that indicates if it was just a "Spider" or a "Spider Veloce" coming out of the factory?

Also, any ideas where to source the control knob for the A/C fan control? Mine appears to be stripped...the fan works, I just have to take the knob off to adjust the speed setting....

Thanks in advance for any answers to the above questions. Cheers, John

·
Registered
99 Posts
A coworker has a 91 spider. The spider badge is on the left side. The difference between the spider and the spider veloce that year was in the seats. The spider had vinyl seats that looked like leather and the spider veloce had real leather seats.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
What is the correct badging on the rear for a 1991 Spider? Should it have Script "Alfa Romeo" on the Right and "Spider" or "Spider Veloce" on the Left?

Is there any identification plaque/code/sticker on the car that indicates if it was just a "Spider" or a "Spider Veloce" coming out of the factory?

Also, any ideas where to source the control knob for the A/C fan control? Mine appears to be stripped...the fan works, I just have to take the knob off to adjust the speed setting....

Thanks in advance for any answers to the above questions. Cheers, John
The rear badging is as you described: "Alfa Romeo" script on the right, and "Spider" or "Spider Veloce" on the left.

There are only five differences between the Spider and Spider Veloce:
  1. 14 in. x 5.5 in. steel wheels with hubcaps (or optional 14 in. x 6 in. 5-star wheels) vs. 15 in. x 6 in. phone dials
  2. Optional A/C vs. Standard A/C
  3. Vinyl seats with suede inserts vs. Leather seats with suede inserts
  4. Plain trunk carpet vs. trunk carpet with embossed AR insignia.
  5. Spider badge vs. Spider Veloce badge
Other than that, they are identical, both interior-wise and mechanically.

An original Spider, as well as an original Spider Veloce, will have the following standard equipment:
  • 5 speed manual (automatic was optional on both)
  • Power steering
  • Power antenna
  • Dual power remote mirrors
  • Power windows
  • Driver side airbag in the steering wheel
  • AM/FM cassette radio (CD player was optional on both)
  • Canvas top and boot cover (Hard top was optional)
For a new A/C knob try IAP or Centerline. For a used part try APE. (There is a list of vendors in the sticky "Suppliers List", in the general forum..)

Best regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts