Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this GTV6 recently to keep my Bertie company. It's a '82 Chaparral conversion, needs a bit of tlc but nothing too serious. Sounds great and goes like stink :D:D

·
Registered
625 Posts
what a nice car, very clean, more pictures please.....:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are only other 2 I have. I've refurb'd the wheels and gone over it with T-cut since so looks a bit better then shown here :D

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Ok...please enlighten. What is the Chapperal version? Amazing dash work there.... I'd love to know more of the story.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Basically, you brought your GTV6 to Chaparral Motors in the UK (along with £14,000) and the car was stripped to bare metal and rebuild. Suspension was lowered, engine tweaked to 200bhp, Zender body kit & Compomotive alloys added, although its the interior that has the most dramatic changes - everything is leather trimmed - dash, roof lining even the sun visors.

http://www.arocgoodwood.co.uk/features/chapb10.htm

Only 10 were ever made though :(

·
Registered
625 Posts
I thopught there were roughly 20...
He estimates that his was one of approximately 20 cars produced (unfortunately, Chapparal are no longer in business and cannot confirm this).
Still who knows how many are left, and in such good condition.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Fluffy great car I want one!
Even right hand drive perfect ...
The performance claims seem incorrect in the link you supplied what are you feelings on the claims.
John

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ok...please enlighten. What is the Chapperal version? Amazing dash work there.... I'd love to know more of the story.
The dash was also common to 1982-1983 series 2 GTV's (both 4's and 6's) imported into the UK only. It was modified by the importer as far as I know.

Perhaps someone would write a definitive history of these cars to be sure.

Nice car Fluffy, was it the one at the NIIMC Italian Car Day recently?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The performance claims seem incorrect in the link you supplied what are you feelings on the claims.
Ya the 200bhp is wishful thinking... right now it got stock cams installed as the original owner found the uprated cams a bit too lumpy around town. I got those cams with it so must try them out some time.
To be honest, its rough enough underneath. Patches of rust here and there, tired suspension, worn bushes/mounts so I haven't been trashing it about too much yet..

Nice car Fluffy, was it the one at the NIIMC Italian Car Day recently?
Thanks !! That was me alright, great day out even if I did burst a fuel line on the way there and brakes failing on the way back :rolleyes:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ya the 200bhp is wishful thinking... right now it got stock cams installed as the original owner found the uprated cams a bit too lumpy around town. I got those cams with it so must try them out some time.
To be honest, its rough enough underneath. Patches of rust here and there, tired suspension, worn bushes/mounts so I haven't been trashing it about too much yet..

Thanks !! That was me alright, great day out even if I did burst a fuel line on the way there and brakes failing on the way back :rolleyes:
Well at least it runs well, I'd rather be doing rust repair and suspension upgrades/replacement than engine work. IDK about brakes though, they don't like me much :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts