Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've finally got together some photos showing the progress of my recent 62 Sprint acquisition. These are the "before" pics with the engine out and engine bay stripped. After experiencing initial shock at the extent of the project (engine, old repairs, hidden rust, imagine that!) I'm really looking forward to the finished car. I'm having the work done by a respected L.A. Alfa guru. Engine has just been rebuilt as stock (1300cc), and I'll be keeping the original 4-speed. Interior is a a funky custom upholstery job that I need to bring back to original. Body is currently stripped and right lower sill had extensive rust and needs to be replaced, otherwise body/frame members ok. I've picked Alfa color 701 Acqua di Fonte (a light blue-grey) for the repaint. More to follow..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Phil
Nice 101 Sprint!
That custom interior looks decent but it certainly won't compliment your choice of exterior color:"water fountain blue"/AR701.:D

For us Right Coast guys, please post pics of your sill damage - something we're vaguely familiar with.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice Sprint, Phil!

Will it be ready for next year's Concorso in Monterey? I'll see you there in my Spider, hopefully.
Next year, yes:cool:; this year, alas, no!:( But I will be there next month. I hope to make your acquaintance there, if you are going. Good luck on your project- I need a Spider now too, to complete the "set" like everyone else!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts