Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm working in adapt this engine on my car.

Althought everyone knows what we should do for adapt this engine, I preferred to modify the auxiliary components of the car and not change parts as the thermostat, the upper engine support, etc.

Right now, my main problem is the flywheel.

This is the flywheel of my engine:

and i want to extract the friction part of the flywheel, cut the part where the diaphragm is screwed and drill the three holes where put the bolts for the driveshaft.

Do any of you know a different solution that does not require spending as much money as costs an aluminum flywheel?

And I have another existential question that I would like to share with you:

Why everyone puts the brake disc behind the lip of the hub, if they can puts ahead of it?

EDIT: This is the car:

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you put disk in front of hub then sometimes depending on wheel type bolts become to short and also their is no spigot to fit wheel on which is very important .
Use a GTV 6 flywheel , lighten it and take it with the gta flywheel to a sophisticated balance shop to copy balance factor to the GTV type . You might need a spacer and longer flywheel bolts . Generally the flywheel should sit about 11mm from face of block so the standard 75 startermotor engages . You do have many choices and combinations .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After spend a lot of weeks searching for a sophisticated balance shop, I give up.

Someone knows if can remove the friction plate of the original flywheel of the GTA engine for bolt in this side the 60-2 wheel, and if i can drill the three holes for the three guibos bolts in it without danger of breaking the flywheel?

·
Registered
328 Posts
In my opinion the project is fascinating but much too difficult and expensive to realize.
I have always heard about somenoe who did it but never seen with my eyes... or only static, never running... strange, are not you agree?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Your problem is that you still need to locate the bush on the end of the prop into the flywheel and that you don't have on that gta flywheel . However you can make some adaptor ring that bolts outside the crank shaft bolt pcd which would have studs coming through for the prop . You would then first tighten up flywheel to crank then bolt the adaptor over it to the studs protruding . In term of the locating bush housing for end of prop this part could be bolted in same pattern with crank but you would use longer bolts into crank . These are usually 10.9 or 12.1 . Sounds all very complicated but totally doable
What country do you live in ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Probably still easier to post both flywheels off to a proper balance shop and get them to match the balance to a 75 flywheel .
The flywheel studs on standard flywheel take so strain that some have even cracked the webbing around so you going to have to do a proper job .

·
Registered
328 Posts
I am still waiting to see with my eyes - even on video - some gv6 or 75/milano running with a 3.2 V6 24v engine.
Maybe I was not lucky because all videos on youtube are Always of static cars, or running just on a dyno... never on the road.
I think everyone woulkd appreciate if somebody links some genuine video of a similar car but.... not in the car... we wanna see before the engine and then when it (the same car) runs.
There are a lot of fake videos and from inside the car it is not possible to appreciate the more power of these gta engines... they run like good 3.0 12 valves!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Use an electric water pump from an E90 BMW. You can buy a PWM waterpump controller with temp sensor input. Then there is more flexibiity on water pump placement.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts