Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It turns out I have an anodizing company literally around the corner from where I work. So, I figured I'd see about having them re-anodize my rear windshield retaining trim which is very faded and hazy. Assuming it comes out well, what other parts on the car are anodized? Seems like mostly things are either chrome plated or stainless. Mine is a '65 Giulia Sprint GT.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I think the front and rear windscreen trim is the only anodized parts. You'll finf a lot of chromed bits on the 65.

I did a full list of stainless vs chrome on the Stepnose models a while back - searching should find it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a the gasketed type windshield in my 71 GTV and have a portion that the previous owner must have tried to buff out. It's nice and shinny but not the same look as an anodized finish. I made it look better by applying a light coat of matte clear lacquer to cut the shine. Fortunately it's on the bottom portion under the wiper arm and most people don't notice it, but I sure do. I also have a few small marks from someone trying to remove the trim with the windshield in place. I'd be interested on what it cost to have it done, and also what kind of prep needs to be done to any surface defects before the anodizing company gets it.

Thanks,

Dick Stachowiak
71 GTV
71 Spider

1 - 3 of 3 Posts