Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,
My windshield washer fluid LED lights up almost constantly on the ARC. The tank is not empty and I'd like to just stop the light from functioning. When I changed to Porterfield racing brake pads (no place for wear sensor) I just shorted the two wires from the brake sensor together to in effect turn off the sensor. The fluid tank sensor looks very weird and I wasn't sure I could just do the same thing. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Yup, think you just short it - put a little jumper into the connector at the sensor. Or, order a new sensor :)

BTW, this won't work for the oil level sensor which needs 100 Ohm, I think it is.

Jes

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Or you could fix it.

I plan on doing a "how to" on this soon but for now:

Remove the sensor ( be very careful if your washer bottle may be brittle, pouring some hot water over the sensor and bottle may help (I haven't tried this)).

Scrape the scale off the float shaft.

Replace the float with polystyrene of roughly the same dimentions.

Replace the sensor.

All done.

The following photo is of my current "try it and see" experiment and uses half a fishing float siliconed to the bottom of the existing float. It works.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys,
Thanks a lot for the replies. Craig, I think I'll try and fix it first like you suggested. From your photo, I think there is so much "scale" on mine that the whole bottom part of that sensor didn't come out when I initially pulled it.

Alfabeta

1 - 5 of 5 Posts