Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 88 Spider. When I first got it, there was a reminder warning tone like lights were left on or seatbelt wasn’t on. My understanding is that this car doesn’t have a reminder alarm for the seatbelts. Seemed to be related to the drivers door...if closed hard enough the alarm would stop. Now it has returned. No lights on, all doors fully closed. Driving me nuts. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Derek

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,624 Posts
It's probably the door open / ignition key warning. If you look in the front hinge area of the driver's door you should see two plungers. One is for the lights and one is for the key warning.

Not sure on the S3 Spider but I think there's supposed to be a rubber plug in the door that hits the plunger when the door is closed. May be missing or may not be pushing hard enough.

See if you can make the warning go off by pushing one or the other of the plungers, then figure out why it's not getting depressed by the door.

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
As Gubi said, check for those pushers. Not my car, but here, you can see the 2 round pusher on the door.

Switch_Pushers.jpg

Good luck,

Vin

·
Registered
483 Posts
.... My understanding is that this car doesn’t have a reminder alarm for the seatbelts...,
Derek
Not sure about your '88, but my '86 has a really annoying buzzing alarm if the seat belt is not buckled when the ignition is on.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Just try pushing those two buttons in by hand to see if it goes away. If it does, then check out why they aren't getting pushed in far enough by the door when closed. Really no adjustment that I have found, just missing rubber pieces on the door.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help! 2 plungers and rubber stoppers located. Looks like the lower plunger housing is just a little loose so the stopper isn’t hitting it square. Should be easy to remedy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts