Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boot-lid triggers itself open, sometimes immediately upon starting, sometimes during driving at odd intervals. The button on the panel works, car in gear or not. Anyone ever experienced this, any ideas? Where is the wiring located if I need to check ground or frail?

·
Premium Member
9,873 Posts
Boot-lid triggers itself open, sometimes immediately upon starting, sometimes during driving at odd intervals. The button on the panel works, car in gear or not. Anyone ever experienced this, any ideas? Where is the wiring located if I need to check ground or frail?
Is this a 24V? 1994->?
If so it maybe the LCD climate control unit which is known to trigger a few things by itself, like the hazard switch.
If that is the case you need to have the board resoldered and might as well do the LCD with it.

Jason

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have mentioned it's a 1st series Base '92. someone told me the wiring runs through the center console, is that correct? could it be a faulty Relay? any ideas appreciated...

·
Premium Member
9,873 Posts
Should have mentioned it's a 1st series Base '92. someone told me the wiring runs through the center console, is that correct? could it be a faulty Relay? any ideas appreciated...
Yes. Then down the side of the vehicle to rear. I would try the relay. Also check for loose wiring, maybe loose harness on rear of climate control unit. This is strange I would have to go through wiring diagram to get a better idea. I have never seen a problem like this, so nothing I personally am familiar with.
I will see what I can come up with or maybe others will have a clue.
Jason

·
1991 164L
27,633 Posts
I would be sure that trunk opening push button in a/c control panel is not sticking or has a weak or broken spring under button.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the button does not stick or feel strange in any way. Think I'll have to explore into the console to see what's wrong. Also short while ago meddled with rear seat, might have caused a wire to frail. BTW if trunk is locked, this won't happen (and I won't hear the trigger go).

In general I noticed that the wires on most 164 looms are quite thin, at times I'll get the occasional gremlin that comes and goes, warning light, erratic gauge etc. Need to find time and energy to sort everything out, when I got my B the power windows (ALL of them) didn't work, and interior lighting, which I got fixed. still got the A/C stepper motor and now trunk.

·
1991 164L
27,633 Posts
Well the button does not stick or feel strange in any way. Think I'll have to explore into the console to see what's wrong. Also short while ago meddled with rear seat, might have caused a wire to frail. BTW if trunk is locked, this won't happen (and I won't hear the trigger go).

In general I noticed that the wires on most 164 looms are quite thin, at times I'll get the occasional gremlin that comes and goes, warning light, erratic gauge etc. Need to find time and energy to sort everything out, when I got my B the power windows (ALL of them) didn't work, and interior lighting, which I got fixed. still got the A/C stepper motor and now trunk.
If you use key to lock out push button grounding function you are preventing system the ground needed to close relay when button pushed so relay can't work or preventing to solenoid in deck lid from working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts