Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
il gta n° 97 ha i colori angelini perche' mio padre pochi mesi primi compro' la macchina da franco angelini, quel l'anno angelini fece i complimenti a mio padre per i tempi che aveva ottenuto in gara. Ho avuto dopo tanti anni la possibilita' di conoscere franco angelini, ho trascorso un intera giornata con lui ed ho avuto la sensazione di una persona sincera e molto disponibile. Ancora oggi ho la possibilita' con i ricordi di mio padre di rivivere quegli anni, e capire come va guidato un gta. grazie

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have both Angelini and Autodelta 16v engines in my shop, and while the A/D is my own, I consider the Angelini cylinderhead superior from many engineering points of view, ultimately more powerful and better to work on and certainly superior casting quality.
A true testament to enthusiasm for a result and an intelligent and considered approach to resolving a problem.
:- Bravo Ing. Franco Angelini!
Rgds,
Vince.
Vince - It would be great to see an engineering breakdown of the two heads side by side - I assume the Angelini didn't require the special head studs to hold down the cam caps like the AD motors?
Photo documentation of these heads is often the only way many enthusiasts will ever see some of this rare hardware...

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
the heads at first were cast in italy but with poor results, so he then went along with Claudio Francisci his pilot to the uk and had talked with a foundry who did the casting for cosworth and lotus . They were both AMAZED at the level of organization and tecnology in the foundry and the increbible castingsthere of all sorts of race cars .... by the way his italian molds of the 16 valve head were observed by the english engeneers and found not to be good for the casting so they had to make new molds for them to be able to cast the heads .Angelini at first ordered 25 heads. Once in italy the newly cast 16 valve heads were ready to be worked on by Franco , to his surprise and amazement the heads were cast in such a high resistance material that his shop tools were damaged by the hardness of the heads .
I have both Angelini and Autodelta 16v engines in my shop, and while the A/D is my own, I consider the Angelini cylinderhead superior from many engineering points of view, ultimately more powerful and better to work on and certainly superior casting quality.
A true testament to enthusiasm for a result and an intelligent and considered approach to resolving a problem.
:- Bravo Ing. Franco Angelini!
Rgds,
Vince.
The Angelini 16v heads are better than the autodelta's both in casting quality as well as design. The combustion chambers are very close in to if not a copy of the cosworth Dfv, Dba, etc.. Which set the world on fire in the late 60s. The Toyota 4AG is another copy of cosworth pent roof in which went into mass production many years later

The angelini 16v head molds are in California and I've have ask the owners to cast a few heads a few years ago. At the time, he has no interest

There is also a real rare guillotine throttle spica intake that was also casted in the UK decades ago that is also in the U.S. It was similar to the ones used in the gtams but for the standard "wide nord" head. This is an extremely interesting piece in which I ask if he would lent it out to have it copied. Being the only one prototype, it's not surprisingl he won't let it out of his sight... But that's another story.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This Angelini racecar is in my hands.
We did the complete construction to rebuild this fantastic head together with the very strange bottom end.
we never finished tht project because of history problems.
For us was not possible to proove, that a 2000 16V Angelini ever raced a international event- always only 1600.
The car is at the base a 2000 GTV.
Maybe somebody can help with this problem.
many greetings
Peter

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ecuador´s Angellinis

Dear all,
Please find attached photos of the other GTA prepared by Angelini that finished in Ecuador.
The first photo was taken in Italy, before shipping the car to Ecuador (maybe at Vallelunga?)
The second picture is of the passionate article appeared in "Carburando" the Ecuadorian Race car magazine (06-1976), announcing the future arrival of the 2 liter testa stretta Angelini.
The third and fourth pictures are of the same car at Quito, with the 1975 Ecuadorian National Champion, Guido Recalde.

Sambuccis car is now on hands of a Collector, one of the best cars that have come to Ecuador

81 - 96 of 96 Posts