Alfa Romeo Forums banner
41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Caro Giamba,
My compliments and congratulations for having had the luck to spend an evening honoring the "Mago" (Magician) at Rome. Franco looks pretty well in the photos, so we hope for his prompt healing. Thankyou for sharing those beautiful pictures of the rare Angelini masterpieces...

·
Registered
314 Posts
apparently the book is only available for RIAR ( registro italiano alfa romeo ) members, and not for sale to the public . this is what i wa told before my departure in italy, i was given the book from close friends whom Franco and i have in common. you can try to look at the libreria dell automobile site and see if they have it in stock , it's italys best automotive book store.
I will post shortly some more pictures i found in my old archives from when my dad used to go to francos shop repeatedly for both his race and street cars, i also will post some interesting bits like original invoice for some race parts ( expensive...) and business cards and decals . Just a little archive that tries to gather some good facts and info on Angelini .

·
Registered
314 Posts
Franco Angelini has left us after a long battle .

A great Icon of the golden period of ITALIAN Motorsport and engine elaboration has passed away . Rest in peace Franco . we thank you those of us who had the priviledge to meet you and admire and above all ENJOY your work of a lieftime dedicated to ALFA ROMEO and it's beautiful engines.

Ciao Franco !!!!!!!
Giorgio e Giambattista Pirotta Scotti

·
Registered
69 Posts
Franco Angelini has left us after a long battle .

A great Icon of the golden period of ITALIAN Motorsport and engine elaboration has passed away . Rest in peace Franco . we thank you those of us who had the priviledge to meet you and admire and above all ENJOY your work of a lieftime dedicated to ALFA ROMEO and it's beautiful engines.

Ciao Franco !!!!!!!
Giorgio e Giambattista Pirotta Scotti

Thankyou for keeping us informed... Is a great loss for all of us.
Maggiorato Ecu

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA 2000cc Angelini 4 Valves

Fantastic and very rare Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA 2000cc Angelini 4 Valves Engine 250 CV
Light Weight Body and only 750 Kg

GTA Magnesium Gearbox, real axle Magnesium , brakes GTA

Fully Documented and raced in 1976 in Italy

Alfa Romeo : Other Leather in Alfa Romeo | eBay Motors

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
yes this one has been for sala at luigi moreschi in italy for some time ( a few years ). i do not think it is a gta shell , rather a unificato or 1750 nevertheless it is one of his group 5 siluhette cars . 16 vlave engine, anglelini designed head.
very nice late 70s .........old school.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i would like some very much ! i still have his work invoices , business cars and some decals but like the ons you posted i only have a barely legible one on the trunk lid of one of my cars that has been there since 1978 ....... beautiful !

·
Registered
159 Posts
Great Angelini!!!!
I still have dozens of stickers of his workshop...if you want it, write me.

I am putting back together my '67 sprint gt veloce that Franco built up for me in the late 90's so I would love one or two of those stickers.

Thank you.

Rich

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hi,
I loved the other Angelini thread, This also great. I would love to get some tecnical info on his accomplishments. He was truly a great engineer.
Jim

41 - 60 of 129 Posts