Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have decided to put up for sale some of my alfas , amongst these is my

1968 1750 berlina modified - prepared with GTA engine , diff etc.. by FRANCO ANGELINI of rome in the 70s.
Car has been in my family since 1978 , it was originally prepared by Franco Angelini for a client of his , an alitalia pilot, My father, good friend of Franco , bought it in 78 from Francos client and it has been ours since.

Engine has a 548 block with gta twin plug head wide head , gta magneisum sump, timing cover , 1600 distributor, gta 45 mm intake mainfold ,2 gta marelli coils, gta electric fuel pump, original autodelta GTA rear differential 8/41 with flat rear face and side oil plug for mounting the autodelta sliding block.
The suspension was also tuned by Angelini , it has special springs and shck absorbers but still retains good comfort and is not stiff nor excessively lowered .
When i questioned Franco about the engine years ago he told me that he rembers the car to have a 1.9 lt engine , possibly with the monosleeve liner , the engine has never been apart and thus i could not confirm the existance of this part , he is quite sure tough that it is a 1.9lt and from what we have previously discussed in the gta forum hereon the b.b. it could have very possibly been achieved with the monosleeve gtam liner and pistons. . At time he said that it dinoed at 170 hp. Engine is strong and perfectly tuned ,and Car is in perfect mechanical conditions , body is average , some small rust sopts in rear fenders and one rear door. Paint is still nice, it has a period front spoiler installed by angelini and carello yellow fog lights , car is in my mothers name and still has original ROMA black plates and "libretto di circolazione" .
it also Originally had a autodelta close ratio gear box but it was removed by my father in the eraly 80s and used in competition in canada on a 1750 gtv. The car now has a stock 105 box with a .86 fith gear.

This car is unique , a small time capsule of 1970 's and a fine example of the work of infamous GTA roman Tuner known as " il mago " ( the magician ..) . Angelini had a special clientele of demanding customers , rich roman entrepreneurs , merchants etc... His work was very expensive and personalized , and his opinon was not questionable... you liked it or not.
he also did special maintenance to the suqadra volante cars of the polizia and carabinieri giulias .
Also iterestingly His cars were often used ( or commissioned ) by the roman "lowlife" bank robbers, kidnappers etc and the like for the superior performances they had against the giulias of the police and carabinieri which merely received a detailed fine tuning but no modifications . Often his cars were stolen from their legitmate owners by these idividuals to commit crimes etc....
I am aware of the interest the original GTA components will draw... for "restorations" and the "like"..... but i would like for the person who buys the vehicle to appreciate the interesting historic value of the car considering it's special origins. Franco Angelini shut down his operations in the 90's , and has just recently published a book titled ; ANGELINI it is a small edition written by giorgio marzolla and diffused through the RIAR in Italy. he is also mentoned in ALLEGGERITA and Tabucchis GTA books ,
Today he unfortuantely is sturggling with health problems.
Car is in italy , in viterbo area , i will be in italy trough october and will be avaliable for showing the car .
Interested parties please contact me at [email protected]
or pm in the bulletin board .
Thank you
Giovanni ( giamba) Pirotta scotti

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Giovanni,

has your car the same tuning of the Carabinieri special one? Angelini made a special Giulia (with a GTA 1600 engine) commissioned by Carabinieri for an international police car meeting, around 1966-68.
Please, photos, photos and then more photos!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can you possibly give us a rough idea of the price? I live in Italy and I could be interested, but I do not want to annoy you with useless e-mail...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if interested please e mail at [email protected] i will gladly answer any ( "useless"..???) e mail regarding the car and price . I am not interested in strating debates on the forum about prices etc.... nor is the vehicle being sold at a non competitive price.
obviously it is not priced as a regular berlina. original Gta - angeilni components have a different value as you well know . Thank you .

·
Premium Member
22,988 Posts
I'm sure I'm not in the running to buy this special Berlina, but I sure would love to see pictures, and get the VIN and engine numbers for the Berlina Register, privately or publicly. I can send you my email to send pics to if you don't want to post them. Thanks very much.
This seems like a sort of "ultimate" Berlina, kind of an unofficial updated TI Super. Does the car have competition history?
Andrew

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Andrew, of course , it's my pleasure to provide you with the information of the berlinas ,as a matter of fact i thought time past i sent you the vins on both of them any how i posted some pictures of both on the sedan - berlina forum , have a look and see what you think , both cars are in conserved and perfect functioning order , but not restored .
i posted the serials in the pictures .
thanks for looking , i'm sad to have to give them away but my life has taken another path and the cars are in italy and it would be too complicated to bring them back to america etc......
Let me know if you like them
ciao
giamba

1 - 7 of 7 Posts