Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious if more alfa owners are android or iphone users?

i just picked up the new motorola droid turbo through verizon.

never owned an iphone.

·
Registered
344 Posts
This thread will probably turn into a debate similar to all the motor oil threads but I'll jump in.....

I have an iPhone and have since they first came out as I've been an iTunes and iPod user since those first came out (albiet those days I did everything on my PC). I'm not an Apple fan boy and have both Mac and PC machines at home. The main family machine is a Mac but my main machine is a Windows laptop. I have all my music in iTunes so it's easier for me to just go with Apple. The Apple closed environment works for me because otherwise my non-computer savvy family is always causing problems (deleted drivers, viruses, weird downloads that break things). I don't have to worry about them downloading some crazy malicious app that's going to mess things up. When the main family machine was a Windows PC I was always having to fix it.

That said, the latest revamp of the iOS has not made me happy and it's darn irritating to text on an iPhone now (at least for my wife and I). I keep thinking about going to Android but for the reasons mentioned above, I'll likely stay with iPhone for the next few years. You need to think about what you're going to use the phone for, what home computer system you are comfortable with using and go from there. I'd argue the iPhone is a bit easier to become familiar with if you have absolutely no smartphone or tablet experience but again, folks opinions will differ.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Definitely iPhone for me and my family. They are easy to use, super reliable and very long lasting. We have never had an issue with one. My wife is only just planning to replace her 3GS. I have been using Apple products since the late 1980s. I have worked as a computer technician on both platforms and use Apple machines because they last for years and are a delight to use and handle. I have never been angry with a Mac, but I sure have with Windows machines. If you have a Mac computer your iPhone connects seamlessly to it and synchronises all your photos, music, email ,texts etc smoothly. I send and receive texts on my MacBook Pro all the time.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i would consider an iphone if they ever make the battery life significantly better.

·
Premium Member
4,754 Posts
timely. I have android/Samsung and like it but I really am not qualified to say so as I am very "non tech" but I do like the ability to use sat nav and speed traps and such off the fone. I prolly use it more for a camera than anything else. I am giving serious thought to getting a macbook next year as well as an iPhone. For no particular reason but to try something different as my daughter coached me a little bit on her macbook and I found it to be intuitive - like I know what I'm talking about. ciao chris

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I support a mobile application - I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, just acquired a new Samsung Galaxy S2 8" tablet. My wife uses an IPad mini. I borrow that when I need to test our app with IOS.

Both platforms are constantly get better, faster, more stable. IOS requires less fussing.

My take -

JR

·
Premium Member
2,478 Posts
I've had both, my phone is provided by my work. I prefer Android.

My son, who works in the phone business, was a staunch iPhone advocate. Then he got an Android. He prefers the Android.

YMMV. I think its a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I prefer Windows Phones. I had a Nokia Lumia 625, for a year and eleven months till the battery swelled, but I think that was my fault. The quote to fix it was more than a new one. My upgrade this Febuary will be a Nokia Lumia 930 in lime green. Android is terrible to use, too many start screens. iPhone's are not bad but they're too mainstream for me. My mom has got a Samsung S6, brother and sister have iPhone 5s' and my dad has a iPhone 6.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I have an Android. Yes "phones" do a lot more these days than just let you talk to someone but honestly it's still just my phone and the idea of camping out in line to get the newest one seems just plain weird to me.

My favorite phone was the Droid Razr I had before my current Turbo. It was the perfect size and you could comfortably carry it in a regular shirt pocket but nowadays it seems like the smallest phone you can get is the size of a snack tray.

I don't like that much.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Android. Just upgraded from Galaxy S4 to an S6 edge. I love Samsung Pay. You can use it in any credit card reader; the merchant didn't I doesn't have to be a member.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Been using a Samsung Nexus Galaxy for 3 years now, still works great. But I now use Macs at home. A D9 would not be strong enough to push me towards a Windows whatever again. My daughter now has a Iphone - and I see the benefits of an integrated system.

Funniest thing I saw when shopping for my daughter's phone - a bargain priced Iphone operating Android. Just like a $50 Rolex.

Apple service is something. Their stores do look like temples, but they do provide solutions when you are stuck. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Personally I prefer Android because I don't feel so confined to the Apple ecosystem, the same ecosystem which has successfully made Apple fans stick to Apple all these years. To be fair, if it works for you and you're happy with Apple's solution for everything, then Godspeed. I prefer having the liberty to root my phone and install unofficial apps and such. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
14 Posts
iPhone, and for the reasons people think.

Apple's ecosystem is much more secure than the android's. Although I must admit android provides more apps, but that openness comes at a cost.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Android for me. I refuse to drink the Apple flavored Kool-Aid! :surprise:

I have an HTC One M8 - Highly recommended (I heard that the M9 isn't an improvement)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts