Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfetta Mario Andretti Edition in nice running condition. Needs decklid replaced. Doorpanels sag a little. Dashpad is cracked. Otherwise complete and nice condition Texas car with minimal rust. Recently rebuilt engine with dual Webers. White with black interior.Sunroof. NOS and good used parts go with car, including AC parts,leather interior, NOS oil pan. I am concentrating on my Duetto and Buick GS. I hate to see it sit. 2500.00

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well,
I've decided to donate the whole lot to the local Can Academy. I'll get a better tax write off than I was asking, and it will give someone thrilling transportation. I always knew there wasn't much interest in the Alfettas, but didn't think there was NO interest. Thanks for considering it, anyway. Dan

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Dan,

Sorry you didnt get any bites. Were you able to get your donation in before the New Year or are you going to have to wait till next year to get your write off? I have a similar situation where I was just thinking of giving one of our cars to our church. Like you I'm sure the TAX write off will be greater than what we would get for it and go to a worthy cause.

Ciao

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on Andretti Alfetta

A friend of mine took a shine to it , so we worked out a trade. He restores cars in his spare time, and this is his first Alfa. It won't be his last, I am sure, as he's been bitten by the bug, after tuning it up and doing a few full throttle passes in front of his house. It is almost finished, having had the body stripped and repaired, repainted, and the interior redone. He's still looking for a crack-free dash and 1977 taillight lenses, if anyone knows where to find them. I am trying to get him to take it to the Italian car festival in North Dallas this summer, if anyone knows the dates. I am SO pleased it found an enthusiastic new owner.

P.S. he's now looking for a GTV 6 Dan

·
Registered
461 Posts
Keep in mind, I believe the tax law has changed. The write-off is how much it sells for these days. It is not what the estimated value is. If the charity sells it for $100.00, that is all you get! Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Jim,
You are right about the loophole being closed. It was open when I offered the car.....This is an update of that OLD post. I was trying to lighten the load before my transfer to LR. Dan

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
any pics of this infamous tax break alfetta? what did the andretti package consist of?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been prodding him to send me some digital pics and join this board.
I think the Andretti Alfa was mainly an appearance package, with signature stickers on the front fenders and unique pinstriping of the sides and hood, in green and red. It has a decklid fiberglass spoiler and front airdam. The sunroof was put in by a previous owner, and was well done, if you like non-original sunroofs. The guy I bought it from had the engine and suspension built for performance and handling, so I think it was originally just stock, otherwise. I will say that it is a screamer. Tony says that it is at least as quick as the '68 Charger he had just restored and sold. He also says that this one is a keeper, which says a lot, considering the cars he has restored over the years. He's already contacted Mario Andretti, who's agreed to sign the glovebox door(for a fee). I suggested he ask Mario to write a short letter explaining what he remembers about "his" Alfettas. There is so little known about them, that in coming years, it will be a good thing to have with the car's papers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts