Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
the pedalbox is Tilton, with balancebar.
The car is progressing slowly, on its wheels, engine has been on the stand , gearbox is ready. The big things now are all the fuel and brake lines and the electrics. And lots and lots off small things..

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The end is near...! Sadly we missed a trackday which was selected for the shakedown. So now its first day out will be in a race...

Still to do: sump protection, seat, belts, mirrors adjusting, set up the suspension geometry.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Stepnose Beauty.....

I have a 67 Junior and a 67 GT Sprint Veloce, (GTV).... your efforts inspires me. Hard work pays off!! Great job!

·
Registered
11,678 Posts
Veep,

Car looks great, but I would suggest you skip the race meet and find another track day to shake the car down.

I watched a Ferrari destroy itself by entering a race meeting as it's shake down ... brake balance bar was set backwards or something and the car stuffed itself into a bank.

You need to ease the car up to speed slowly, thus a race meet is no place to do this! You would not want to bend her or do expensive engine damage ... or like the Ferrari driver hurt yourself :(.

Best
Pete

·
Registered
71 Posts
Veep,

thats my new desktop.....absolutely superb.

My 66 stepnose is a silvery gold colour which Im going to paint silver like yours....looks fantastic.

Those rims you had on the car ealry on look great...very tough. Why did you out on those other ones...are they lighter?

Looking forward to seeing some photos of it as it rolls out on the the tarmac.

Timbo

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Timbo,

The new wheels are indeed lighter, by 2kgs each, so 8 kgs in total. Therebye better offset, and here in Holland easy to buy. they are OZ ultraleggera`s.

Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
partnr..no.. its 7x15. offset of hte wheels is 25, and I have spacers 16mm.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Looks nice! You racing with us all at Nurburgring 5-7th October?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
No Max..the shakedown will be "'at home"" , Zandvoort, DNRT races at 7 oktober.
(www.squadra-italia.nl, I am one of the founders of this series, just as I was one of the founders back in the early 90`s of the Trofeo, now the still succesful Alfa Romeo Challenge in Holland)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Very nice, I will come tomorrow to Zandvoort to see the shakedown of this nice Bertone squadra Italia is racing for the last time this season

Prachtig geweldig...

ciaoo

Greetz Roel

·
Registered
62 Posts
Fantastic build! Can't wait to hear your first impressions of the car and see some action shots. Good luck tomorow! :cool:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Wow, now I have some idea as to the 164's tow capicity :)

21 - 40 of 82 Posts