Alfa Romeo Forums banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I was going to fix those waves in the rear lower skirt of my 91S years ago, but have never gotten to it, cuz I would have to end up painting all of the fairing to match.

I remember when Lino told me about how he saw a new 91S in a car show, and that car also had the waves. He couldn't believe it. The factory never quite got that detail squared away on the S model in general, just putting out the car as is, for all to see. A little embarrassing I thought, as compared to the workmanship in an Audi or BMW. Of course, they cost more, but still, jeez, they could have done a better job on that anyway.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Rear Bumper

Got the rear bumper back on the car today. Before I did that I removed the rear spoiler; the clearcoat on the trunk lid has crapped out, so I will have to address that. The roof and hood are still good.

I am about half way done with repainting the gray trim. I will remove the front bumper to paint that.

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Rear Xmember

Now that A/C weather is over, I brought the 164 back into the garage the other day. I plan to finish the rear suspension resto and paintwork this fall/winter.

Removed this today. What a mess! Car ran fine, so it just shows that the rear wheels on a front driver pretty much just keep the back of the car from dragging on the ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I straightened 3 of the lateral links, and I am replacing the fourth.
I found 4 or 5 separate problems with the rear height sensing mechanism; any one of these was sufficient to keep the mechanism from functioning. I am in the process of repairing the mechanism.
I took the center and rear part of the exhaust system off the car and painted with high temp paint to deal with the surface rust. I had already done the front part of the system when I did the engine compartment work.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts