Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on a mission last week to rescue this old GTV6 race car from oblivion.
My friend Rob turned me on to this old beauty. A friend of his, Jack Wilson, championed this car in SCCA and ITS racing for many years. I hope to get some more history on it. Meeting Jack and hearing Alfa racing war stories was way cool!
I will salvage the race bits for my shop racecar build, and use the body as Art work for the shop !!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Says Auto Palace, Pittsburgh, Pa. Thats where my 164L came from. They were a Porsche , Audi, Alfa dealer. Now just Porsche.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I remember cruising Auto Palace back in my days at Pitt. Mid 80s. I had some buddies who were into Porsches and it was an interesting place to hang out (even as a broke college student). Helped me understand that there was more to foreign cars than just Toyota and Honda.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm thinking you should throw that engine into that lovely looking red GTV6 on the trailer in the background. I think it would be a great combo!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aye,Tedd, but yer building a Driver, not a Track Car, right ?
I think that great 2.5 from your donor/driver/first Alfa, will be perfect to get the new Beast started.
I looked your car over tonight, what I saw made me happy. Good car.

This Classic GTV6 Racer will be donating good stuff to our Heavy Metal Alfa Shop Race Car, and the shell shall be preserved as a great original piece of Alfa Art.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts