Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Joe. I have been lurking for a while, reading and learning. I have purchased the 84 Spider from Peter, and it is on its way to me. :) My first Alfa, my first project car. I spent 18 years as a Ford tech, so the mechanical stuff "should" not be a problem:rolleyes: . I will take some pictures along the way and when I run into problems I am sure some of you will steer me in the right direction. This is an incredible place with very helpful people.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am on my way to the car right now !!! Gonna take some pics and get an idea what I am looking at. Pics later today .

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics as promised

Ok , so my first time with the car... I have an almost completely rust free starting point. Thats the good news, the bad news, it needs everything !! I started to pull the interior apart, and begin the restoration. These are some pics taken today, more will follow as I get going.

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Saar, your car was the first thread I followed when I found this site. Very nice work.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Looks like she'll clean up real nice. Recommend that you remove the dash (easy) and clean ALL the electrical connections under there. In addition, remove the heater box and clean that as well. Check the blower motor to be sure it's bearings are good. Carpets must come out and the floor inspected for rust. Guarantee there will be some there. Treat it and dry out the carpet and insulation. Lots easier and better to clean the carpet out of the car. You'll be shocked at how much dirt is going to come out of that carpet, and how much brighter the color is going to be.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Roadtrip, I pulled the carpet "almost" out.. No rust . Really !! The round plugs that are on the floor are rusty, but the floor is not. I will clean the car top to bottom and take more pics. Thanks for the tips .

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Eric the pretty girls will have to wait until the car is pretty !!!!!!! Right now she is how you would describe a girl by saying , well she has a nice personality : )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts