Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O K. I know this is not a much loved car, but am searching for an early alfetta gtv. Principally a 76 with the vinyl interior. Plan on doing a lot of work but the cleaner the better.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
early alfetta gtv

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I was after the San Fran 76, but it went quickly.
Wisconsin looks interesting but hard to reach. A later model but one in New Orleans with toasted engine on alfabb, if legit, is the most sound body I have ever encountered. Again thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Just wondering why you want an earlier one. The later ones had everything sorted including the rear hatch and good AC.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Having owned an Alfetta while living in Wisconsin, I would want photos of the typical areas with rust issues before I would consider purchasing this car. Surface rust? My guess is that it goes deeper than this.

Underhood photos showing the area behind the front shock towers would be mandatory.

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I was after the San Fran 76, but it went quickly.
Wisconsin looks interesting but hard to reach. A later model but one in New Orleans with toasted engine on alfabb, if legit, is the most sound body I have ever encountered. Again thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the earlier ones had some problems not the least of which were associated with the drive shaft. Seems they had not quite worked that out.Do prefer the early interiors and some other details like that the side molds are easily removed without body work.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi. did you find an Alfetta? I've got a '78 GT with a TwinSpark that I'm considering selling.

-Clark

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have about 5 Allfettas in various shape, none run, rusty most likely, $300 each complete with engines, in Kentucky.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts