Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am upgrading the audio system in my LS. I know some of you have done so too and I'd like to know where you mounted the amp(s). Have any of you made a custom amp rack? Any drilling into the body? I'm looking for ideas at this point.

·
Premium Member
15,865 Posts
Don't know the size of your new amp, but doesn't the LS have a pocket in the cross member under the rider's front seat where the OEM amp is installed? Have to admit, haven't looked myself, but I think I read that somewhere.

·
Premium Member
9,776 Posts
No pocket under the seat that I can remember. I just mounted mine on the floor in the trunk but mine is a very large A/D/S 5 channel amp. I have not invested much time into it really because I don't care that much but I say on the back trunk wall would be a good spot. I had a smaller one mounted there in the past.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually don't know the size of my amp because I don't have one yet. :sly: Well, actually I do, it's just not one I want to use (some bargain basement 4-channel from a brand called Power Acoustik. I pulled it out of my RX-7). For arguement's sake it's about 11.25"x11.25". I'm currently chatting via email with someone who is selling some old school, high-end American and Japanese amps on Craigslist, so size will vary.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
That's a really big amp. I had a fan cooled Pioneer about that size back in the day but that was top of the line in the early 90's for the brand. Personally I'd get something newer and much smaller.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I got a hold of a Zapco AG360 4-channel amp. The dimensions are 18"L x 7.5”W x 1.95”H.

I'm thinking I will make a shelf out of wood or metal that hangs down from the rear deck. I may not even need to drill if I can use the holes for the plastic screws in the little cubby on the rear deck. Here are a couple of pictures to give an idea of what I'm considering.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I like wood, stain or paint it black!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts