Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Alfa Fans,

I am a fan of amber tail lights and bought these lenses. How do I swap out the red lens and put in the amber lens?

Thanks in advance..

tl.JPG

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,819 Posts
There are long silver metal nuts inside that trunk that hold the lenses to the frame. Just unscrew them and the lens comes off. Super easy to allow you to change the bulbs

·
Registered
405 Posts
Be careful installing them. They might not go back in correctly. You might have to dremel the housing openings a little bit to get them installed correctly.

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Once the tubular nuts are removed, remove middle red lens - it traps the end red lens and the white reverse light lens in place. Substitute the amber, re-assemble and good to go. Worth cleaning the reflector and inside of lenses, as well as the bulbs themselves, and clean/WD-40 the lamp sockets while you are in there.

·
Premium Member
5,771 Posts
Unscrew the metal nuts about half way then push on them to get the center lenses to come free. Do not use anything to pry on the lenses form the outside. You will chip or crack it.

Reactions: spiderserie4

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Jim G. That worked like a charm. So I got the lenses off, and the old deteriorated gasket had better days.

Is there a part # for this gasket? (if yes, I can search for it) or do you just use some Permatex gasket maker or silicon?

gasket.png

profile.png

·
Premium Member
5,771 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts