Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
The key point being 'a' buyer.

99% of us could think a car is over priced, but all a seller needs to do is find a single buyer who's willing to pay his price. Whether we agree or not doesn't matter, that's what that car was worth, at that time, to somebody.

I'm with Geezer in that respect, if the seller can get it, all the power to him. Although I would hope that a buyer with that kind of money would hold out for a perfect car..
This is so true. It always entertains me when everyone thinks a car is overpriced (myself included numerous times) without factoring one thing: money is relative. What one person feels is overpriced, another might think is a bargain. Someone with a lot of money might look at this car and think it's a bargain and be willing to pay the price because it's exactly like the car they learned to drive in, their spouse had one in college and always wanted another, had one before and had to sell it to start a business and now that the business is doing well they can get another, or whatever. All the seller needs to do is find the right buyer. Sure it may take some time but if you can hold out, why not.

I think for all of us there is a car out there that we would be willing to buy at "above market" prices. I know that for me, if a pristine Milano Verde comes along, I'll be all over it, market value be damned.

·
Registered
314 Posts

Wow, that's no typo, he's put the comma in and everything.

Here's his own words:

'If you have the money and are in the market for a car of any kind, why hesitate?'

Why hesitate? I mean, if you have that kind of money.
I'll sell you both of mine for $22,500, and give you $5,000 back.
Really. No hesitation.

I personally like this excerpt:
"The only people brave enough to own an ALFA now in the US are people that know ALFAs."

He just called all of us Alfa owners 'brave'.
Was that a compliment?

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.