Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Puleeeze...

Through the force and will of his dynamic personality, he will save his family from financial ruin by selling the family heirloom on craigslist for an incredible amount of money using nothing but sheer will and BS.
Hey, I resemble that remark! I'm BS, and I have *nothing* to do with the sale of this car!

;)

bs

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
If you want to quote Wikipedia and believe that "Spyder" is the correct reference, that's your business...

If you have found concours competitive '80s Spiders on this BB for mid-teens, then just indicate one (just one) that has placed at a well-respected Concours, such as the national meet that took place this Aug 1 -5 in Detroit.

Best regards,
'Spyder' might ba 'a' correct spelling, but I don't think it's how Alfa spelled it. All of my manuals say 'Spider'.

Any pre-war Alfas referred to as 'Spyder'?

bs

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
<snip>
We are in full agreement that this particular car is way, way, overpriced. I do think that we don't agree on what a concours quality car is worth. There's nothing wrong with that. After all, in order for a car to establish it's worth there has to be a buyer.
<snip>

The key point being 'a' buyer.

99% of us could think a car is over priced, but all a seller needs to do is find a single buyer who's willing to pay his price. Whether we agree or not doesn't matter, that's what that car was worth, at that time, to somebody.

I'm with Geezer in that respect, if the seller can get it, all the power to him. Although I would hope that a buyer with that kind of money would hold out for a perfect car..

Btw, all of my cars are for sale. If you have to ask the price, you can't afford them! ;)

bs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.