Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started offering re-skin service for aluminum hoods, doors.
Other kinds of body parts available upon request, weather in steel or alloy.
Some limitations, as do not have samples of every Alfa Romeo.
Cost, considerably less than in the USA.
Just finished one for a Dino 246. Excellent results.
Please contact me at : alberto.guirola at gmail.com
Regards, Alberto

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
Alu-parts

Nice part!!! bad, that you are in Ecuador , have to make 2 GTAs in Germany with work on shell, wood be pretty ! And the parts are very expensive and also bad!!! here in Europe.

Uli

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Ulrich,
Too bad about the distance!

I am still looking for the GTAm airhorns/airbox and the water manifold.

Can you help me?

Kind regards,
Alberto

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Uli, how is the quality of the alfaholics aluminium panels not good? looks very good to me.. If you have trouble with this contact me because I sometimes work with Auto Classica Rubbio. Old man Tito Rubbio learned his trade as an apprentice at Bertone. His company does Ferrari's. Iso's , GTA's etc. Very very good and not as expensive as many people think.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Alu-panels

Hallo Berlinista,

the last GTA i let make in italy near Milano.
1. they should only make a new front and the rear wheel arches, which was cut out for the enlargements. Time was for this 3 month!
2. they cut of the complete front without telling me and made the new fenders to smal!!! This was a competition cars, it had the frontwheelarches original with autodelta badges ,only the holes from the poprivets to close and weld . I was very angry about this, but what can i do in italy as a german???Going there with an advocat? They made it without my order, like so often in italy, they decide things, because the car came from Italy and so.It was an absolut no go!!!
3. The same in the rear, but i had chance, that they dont touch the backpanel,it was good and is still original.They need 3 years for all!!!!! from 2003 to 2006.
4. Its an alufloor car with race history ( ex compressor),and a friend of my daughter in Bergamo took a very nice red colour on it .
5. In italy, the artisans never hold the price offer, that they offer at beginning the work.

So our Tubolare was made in germany, very good , not cheap , but payable.They produced a new front-bonnet(was from glasfiber) , much better than the Alubonnets, i saw on other cars .

MFG
Uli

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Uli,
Clear. I have heard many of these stories.
Rubbio has done many jobs for me, including Dino 246 Galletone, Lambo Islero, Giulia Super Station and a GTA.
All for good prices, on time, with many talks in between as to how we want it done. Perhaps you should come with pictures, and we can go to Rubbio with these and they can do the job. Tito is italian, but has worked in Holland for many many years and knows how to do business.
Have you tried any of the Alfaholics aluminium panels?
They look fantastic, but I do not know how correct they are.
Seems they fit good, and need less work to finish than the italian replacements, which are very very rough.
I know Tito has ordered those, and needed many many hours to fit correctly.

·
Registered
249 Posts
There are 2 guys in Holland to whom I'de trust the bodywork of my to be restored GTA too (if I ever own one); Maurice Labro (Carrozzeria Maurice Labro) and, indeed, Tito (Home). Seen work of the familia Rubbio and it is stunning. The Dutch could also do the job Uli! Rik knows!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts