Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alfa Romeo 2.5/3.0 Flywheel

Our GTA performance flywheels are made in our shop from 6061-T6 billet aluminum and are setup to work with your OEM driveshaft donuts. We harden and swarte our ring gears to the flywheel with button head screws that are counter bored between the flywheel and ring gear. Allen head bolts are supplied for mounting to the crankshaft. These are the same flywheels we designed and fabricate for our Alfa Tipo and TZ recreations. Each one is custom-made so we can adjust the weight to your specs.

We also have 1300 105 tooth flywheels, 1600 105 Tooth Flywheels, and 1750 110 Tooth Flywheels.

Check them out at gtamotorworks.com (Click on the store link.)

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
They look really nice, but they also look really symmetrical. Does this flywheel require the engine be converted to internal balancing?

Greg

·
Richard Jemison
8,325 Posts
Flywheels

From the pics of the flywheels you can easily see no provisions for external balance and the V6s would have to be internally balanced to use them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2.5/3.0 flywheel

Yes the one in the photos is neutral (symmetrical). I fabricate them to order and set them up to a client’s requests. Such as weight, if its going to be internally/externally balanced, needs a lighten ring gear etc.. I would recommend if you were going to have a motor built professionally order one that is neutral. Every mechanic / machine shop has their own theories on balancing.

Peter

·
Richard Jemison
8,325 Posts
Flywheels

I fabricate them to order and set them up to a client’s requests.
So do you build them with correct counter weight to fit both the 2.5 needed weight offset and the 3.0 liter weight offset so as not to require an engine rebuild/balance??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I can set them up with the "stock" counter balance, but as you probably know its a guesstament each flywheel is setup at the factory and over time there is wear someone changes something ect. So usually someone that orders a flywheel for the 6v motor its going to be a serious makeover its a different story with the 4 cylinder setup. Having said that I have set them up for a few customers for the street.

Thanks, Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts