Alfa Romeo Forums banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Good questions. I asked also about the tube. They said it's not glass it's a special plastic, pressure and heat resistant. You shouldn't have any problems clouding up during the cars lifetime. It's what they told me. In case of a defect it must be done by a professional aluminum welder. He will have the tools to work with it. They do offer a warranty but shipping it back would be more expensive then having it fixed locally. It's what I think.
Don't know about the sealant. Some paste they use.
Glad you liked it

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
The white stuff is pipe thread sealant. Just clean the excess off.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Heads up. Installed my tank today. After a few hours (better part of the day) trying to find and remove the 14 socket that fell down to the crank shaft part of the belt right behind the pulley I have to say that the small hoses that go to the firewall "t" and the top of radiator might be too short. I had to buy new ones. I was missing about an inch.
The cover for the tank it's hard to remove. I mean it's hard to twos out to the position where it comes out.
Ah, and my bleeder screw from the thermostat wasn't sealing, so I tight it a. Little bit more, and more and it still didn't seal. So I tight it a bit more and it's washer broke. Resuming. A m14 oil pan for a Honda fits perfectly.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Hi Sekal1978

Please pencil me in for one of these tanks if you have more made.
Cheers
Nick in NZ
Hi nick. This order is long gone. The door was left open. The tanks are really good. A bit more than the reproduction plastic ones, so why not.
We just need a minimum of 10 tanks to get a good price, so spread the word and we'll get another order going.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
I will do a new post later today. Keep your eyes open.
We have to be at least 10 to make it affordable. Assuming I can still get last year's prices.
With the pandemic, not sure.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.