Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Check out final drawing before going in to production!
I guess today will be the last day if we want to increase items.
If anyone sees anything wrong with drawing NOW IS THE TIME to say something.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
LAST ONE SOLD!!!!!
I believe, if needed, we can add more today only. Don't want to delay the process.
Also was thinking of "test driving mine first" before shipping to you guys. We don't want to have any error on tanks on the other side of the world.
What say you?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
The company making these should be sending you a sample or pre-production "prototype" to test fit before going into production. Producing them all at once is bad practice, even though it's supposed to be a "replica." Since you're taking the financial risk on this as the seller, it seems prudent to insist on a prototype to approve or not before going into production so you don't end up with 10+ tanks out there that don't fit. Will the manufacturer be pressure testing each one of these before shipping out to you?

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
The company making these should be sending you a sample or pre-production "prototype" to test fit before going into production. Producing them all at once is bad practice, even though it's supposed to be a "replica." Since you're taking the financial risk on this as the seller, it seems prudent to insist on a prototype to approve or not before going into production so you don't end up with 10+ tanks out there that don't fit. Will the manufacturer be pressure testing each one of these before shipping out to you?
You are right. But since it's a replica by the same manufacturer and the only change will be on the mounting brackets. we are doing them forked or slotted so we can try to accommodate those little variations.
No one complained about the 1st run. So if this has a flaw/difference it for sure is a build problem.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
The main issue with 'fit' is that the mounting holes on the inner fender seemed to vary a little bit from car to car. Slightly bending the mounting tabs or a little fettling of the holes is all that might be needed.
Did you see the sketch? You think those slots will be enough?

·
Administrator
17,146 Posts
Did you see the sketch? You think those slots will be enough?
Yes & yes. The slotted mounting holes are a good idea. Just don't be surprised if it still takes a bit of fiddling. I wonder if Alfa just placed the plastic tank in place and drilled the holes through both the plastic tabs into the sheet metal. Thus the holes are often not in exactly the same place depending on who drilled the holes and how much vino he drank during lunch break...

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
All the GTV6's I've had are the same fit type with grommet anchors/nuts for the affixment screws in the inner fender...I've not encountered one with self tapping holes or affixment directly to sheetmetal. I thought the affixment points were pretty reliable on these as the square holes that house the plastic anchors are punched.

Perhaps on cars that have had inner fenders replaced people have gotten creative. Maybe I can get some photos.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I had some questions about the shipping for our friends down under.
Whent to my old service provider www.pirateship.com and simulated with a random Australia Address.
This is $300 insured overseas shipping for one single item. 1 to 3 weeks shipping.
You guys are looking at $68 US

I can try and combine, but i won't don't think it will be more economic, because of the insurance.
Anyway, see attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had some questions about the shipping for our friends down under.
Whent to my old service provider www.pirateship.com and simulated with a random Australia Address.
This is $300 insured overseas shipping for one single item. 1 to 3 weeks shipping.
You guys are looking at $68 US

I can try and combine, but i won't don't think it will be more economic, because of the insurance.
Anyway, see attached.
Thanks for organising that. I don't think we have much choice to be fair. $68 seems reasonable.

Is it possible to edit the value of the item to avoid customs tax?

Is anyone in Melbourne?

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Yes. But the value works with the insurance. If anything happens with the package during transportation, insurance will only pay what is declared. So it's your call.
By experience, I do advise against it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
LAST ONE SOLD!!!!!
I believe, if needed, we can add more today only. Don't want to delay the process.
Also was thinking of "test driving mine first" before shipping to you guys. We don't want to have any error on tanks on the other side of the world.
What say you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
oh, man! Just joined the group and missed out on this item. Please let me know how it goes. Best of luck with the new items. 🤘🏼

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
@mikericafort , did you come from facebook?
I think i saw you there.
If you are still interested i can ask if we can still add more, to production. No guarantees. Let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think i saw you there.
If you are still interested i can ask if we can still add more, to production. No guarantees. Let me know.
I think i saw you there.
Yes, i did. I just got on Alfabb now. We just recently got to restoring our gtv6

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Well @mikericafort, Welcome to the best Alfa everything on the web.
Just got an answer and....
you are....
out....
to fully restore th gtv6 with a brand new aluminum tank.
PM ME with email for paypal only!

ADDING 5 TANKS TO PRODUCTION!
THERE ARE 4 TANKS AVAILABLE AS OF NOW!!!
SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow, don't know how this dropped off my list of watched posts...but it did. I was one of the very early "yes please"-ers.

Is there still a tank available, and if so ... to whose PP address does the $$ go... I've lost track!

Chris

61 - 80 of 107 Posts