·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hard work usually pays off.
After months of searching we got it.
Now taking orders for.....
custom made Aluminum Expansion Coolant Tank for all years of the GTV6.
These are special order, made specifically for our princesses.
Mounting holes on the brackets are now slotted so they can fit the small variations between the years.
Clear site tube made with durable anti freeze resistant plastic. This is still considered the better option. The glass is also possible but it gets cloudy and is very hard to replace.
Also made to use the original Alfa Romeo coolant expansion Tank Cap, so no new or extra cap will be supplied.
This is a group buy. We need a minimum order of 10 units to proceed.
Lead time is 5 weeks to manufacture + shipping time.
Price is $249+ shipping.
50% deposit at this time is required to proceed.

I think paypal will be safer to everyone.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm in, from New Zealand, I have a US shipping address so it shouldn't be a problem.

What are our next steps here - do we Paypal 50% to the manufacturer, or you?

I'm just starting the rebuild of my '85 GTV6 and am totally missing my tank...

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am trying to gather people that want this tank.
I am required to pay the full 10, so you'd be paying me 50%.
I think that's fair.
Will send 2 invoices. One with the "down payment" and another with the balance.
That is my idea. What do you think?

So far I count 3 only interested. As much as I want the tank I won't be ordering until it gets a full order. So follow this thread. I thought this was going to be quick but I feel now that's going to take a while.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the feeling this 50% is scaring people. I can't put the whole thing and be stuck with 9 tanks.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Folks need to open their wallets if they hope to get this off the ground.

I made this thread a 'sticky' so it'll remain at the top of page one thus keeping it visible. (no need to 'bump' it).
You the man. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
made to use the original Alfa Romeo coolant expansion Tank Cap, so no new or extra cap will be supplied.
Umm that's not so good. I'd rather have a new cap. And I would like that cap to be a standard STANT Part Number, or some other major brand, so I could be confidant that I could buy a new cap ten years from now.

Can you provide a picture of the proposed new tank? is it similar to the tank that Centerline ( or was it IAP) sold some years ago?

Bye

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a good idea about the cap. But I'm sure there's an updated replacement part for that cap. Anyone wants to weigh in on the cap situation?
The tank is just like the one 2 years ago from the group buy here on AlfaBB. There are pictures available.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys, I spoke with the manufacturer today. Pleading for a reduction in production.
He agreed but with an increase in price. $20 more. now at $269+ shipping.
5 units we can have them ordered today.
What say you???

·
Registered
1984 GTV6
82 Posts
Do you have a picture of a prototype tank you could post. It's a great price. Just need to see what I would be getting.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE: 05/27/2020
I can use my old Paypal that was set up for my old adventure of selling records. (still have a few in stock if anyone is interested.)
Also i can give you the Ebay link so you can see the seller feedback, if ok with admin. That way you know i mean business. since 2013 100% seller feedback.
I was thinking of sending an invoice through paypal for the deposit and another when the order is shipped.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mate I'll have one asap, just point me to the right site and I'm happy to pay, cheers
I got you. No point in paying now until we have enough people for the order. Unless you want to.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'll jump in - but PLEASE post a pic here - or the old thready - would like to see what I am getting before I 100% commit - please ;)

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very well
I'll use the older pics from the previous buy.
Again the new tank is going to be like this one. This is not a pic of the new tank cause it doesn't exist yet.
Thought i should say it.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts