Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ALFA BBers,

Does anyone know of a source for an Aluminum Engine Flywheel for a 2 Liter engined 116 ('79 Alfetta/Sprint Veloce)? I'd prefer aluminum, but I am aware it is common practice to lighten and zero balance the stock flywheel (with & without the pressure plate). A used aluminum one would be fine too.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
222 Posts
Tilton makes some very nice aluminum flywheels for the 1.6 to 2.0L Alfa engines. Check with Spruell for more details or maybe even Wes Ingram. Spruell also sells a modified aluminum flywheel that accommodates the softer spring cushioned clutch disc for Rally driving.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mikex2,

I sent Paul Spruell an email. My other contact is Richard Jemison, sending him one now.

Ciao,

Scott

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Tilton makes some very nice aluminum flywheels for the 1.6 to 2.0L Alfa engines. Check with Spruell for more details or maybe even Wes Ingram. Spruell also sells a modified aluminum flywheel that accommodates the softer spring cushioned clutch disc for Rally driving.
I don't believe Tilton has flywheel for the 116 chassis.

·
Richard Jemison
7,394 Posts
Flywheels

For a start, 116 (Alfetta) nor 119 (Milano/75/GTV6 ) do not have a "clutch assembly" on the engines flywheel.

I have lightweight front flywheels for both the Alfetta type (130 tooth ringear) and the TS type that uses the later 131 tooth ringgear.

Both neutral balanced.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts