Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here so this may have been asked but I'm not seeing it in my searches. Can you fit a more modern seat into a 67 spider? I love my car but could really use some lumbar support,head rest etc. Maybe a newer spider seat or GTV. Is there anything that won't require major modifications?
Jeff

·
Premium Member
14,654 Posts
The seats in late 80's Spider Veloce's and Quads are very comfortable. I installed a pair in my '79 spider. I just had to drill an extra pair of holes in the runners. My guess is they would also fit into a Duetto.
Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
88 Milano Verde

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Ed. I'll have to start looking around with a tape measurer. I see some 88's on ebay.
Jeff

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
You may also want to check with a good upholstery shop. You can fit your old seats with a modern adjustable lumbar support (and even a heated core!)...

Best regards

·
Supporting Vendor
4,419 Posts
If you are looking to go the aftermarket route, we just got in these great Italian sport seats from OMP at Centerline. They are actually very comfortable to sit in yet have bodacious side bolsters for hard cornering. They are our P/N SC501.

Joe

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,419 Posts
While those look nice, will they physically fit? (19" is the max width that will fit)
We took that into account when ordering - these are some of the narrowest aftermarket seats currently available.

They measure 18.5" wide at the base and just under 20" at the widest part of the seat back.

Joe

·
Registered
460 Posts
We took that into account when ordering - these are some of the narrowest aftermarket seats currently available.

They measure 18.5" wide at the base and just under 20" at the widest part of the seat back.

Joe
Note that this kind of seat might look goofy on a street convertible because of the high back.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Note that this kind of seat might look goofy on a street convertible because of the high back.
It actually can look really cool but adding a 4point seat belts is a must IMHO with this type of seats.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
TBH, if I change my seats it'll be to something from the Kirkey line as the stock seats I have now are in excellent condition and don't need replacing. (if I want to swap them for performance seats, then I'll replace them with performance seats ;) )

I only asked because there's so many seats out there of that style that won't even come close to fitting in a spider that it's not even funny.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Those seats offered by Centerline look really nice. In cars with roll bars, the high back seats look nice. As always, Centerline offers nice products.

Best regards,

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
a bit pricy but I might get one if the shipping is not too bad.

but I am 6ft2in so do they make you hit the roof? how low do you sit vs the OEM
what do you have to do to install it? after the Verde the spider seem sooo bad I want somthing that will hold me better.

And what is the weight?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts