Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
For those who wish to go with an alternative rear caliper/brake setup for their transaxle car, here's a neat little e-brake setup that's independent of the hydraulic caliper. I believe there's room on the diff housing to allow for the extra bracketry.
Mechanical Parking Brake Calipers
I'm on the fence about keeping my Verde, and if I do, I may upgrade the brakes especially at the back to replace the often troublesome rear calipers.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
to replace the often troublesome rear calipers.
Those are very cool and thanks for sharing.

Not sure what's "troublesome" about the rear brakes though. I have them on my Milano and my race car, I think if they are properly rebuilt they work fine. On my Milano I've rebuilt them once, about what I would expect from any 28 year old caliper.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what's "troublesome" about the rear brakes though.
Maybe it's personal bias..... my GTV6's gave me fits no matter what I tried and my current Milano's rear calipers are sticking and binding. And they like to spit the e-brake cable out of their retainers at the tops of the levers. Even with the slots facing downwards. Mainly though, a suggestion for those going with a different caliper. This aftermarket setup will allow more flexibility in choice of caliper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts