Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,this may sound sacrilege but has anyone done anything different with a 2600 sprint, eg deseamed or fitted a 3ltr v6 in, some pic's would be nice.
Regards Arfamo.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
In Belgium somebody has changed the engine with a 2300 CC diesel engine of a Ford Sierra...runs 20 km. on 1 litre diesel, but......

·
Registered
49 Posts
One way of solving the parallel parking issues I have weak upper body strength!
Plenty of twin spark 2L 105 series around so shouldn't be too difficult (says he in dreamland!). Seriously - it probably would be cheaper too, so long as you have the ambition and staying power!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Twin spark a 'slam dunk'

One way of solving the parallel parking issues I have weak upper body strength!
Plenty of twin spark 2L 105 series around so shouldn't be too difficult (says he in dreamland!). Seriously - it probably would be cheaper too, so long as you have the ambition and staying power!
I put a narrow-angle twin spark engine from a '90 Italian 75 into my '59 two-liter Touring Spider (102 chassis) and I LOVE the result! The 2600 sprint (106 chassis) is identical in every way that matters for this engine swap. Aside from having to fabricate a custom oil pan (sump), and engine mount adaptors, it is a very easy transplant. The large engine bay means you can use the stock motronic setup intact. You shed so much weight from the front end in the process that you'll stop wishing the sprint came with power steering.
If I had it to do over again, I'd look more seriously into doing a dry sump conversion (to provide more ground clearance), but otherwise I got it right on the first try, which testifies to it no being too difficult.;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, thank's for your response,sorry for the slow reply,I have a long way to go before I get to the engine swop but it certainly doe's not look too duanting now.I should say that I to have a 105 with a twin spark (2ltr) in it.
I'll keep you posted,
Arfamo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is a guy in the UK currently planning to put a 3.0V6 from a 75 into his 2600 Spider. I am awaiting more info from him but when I have some I will pass it on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts