Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just experienced the "alternator light comes on, tachometer, fuel and oil pressure gauges go off, number 6 fuse blows with a 'pop' sound syndrome" as in this post:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/193670-alternator-light-tach-quits.html

Replaced #6 fuse, cleaned the contacts, clamped the offending fuses tightly with O-rings, and took her for a test spin. After a couple of minutes, the gauges and tach come back on, but, after a couple more minutes, the alternator light comes back on again as does the "parking/headlights are on bulb" even though the lights are off. Anyone have any ideas on what's causing this issue? I've got the console apart looking for shorts and I pulled the fuse box looking for loose wires - no luck in those spots. What am I overlooking?

Thanks in advance,

David

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update... I found what was causing the parking/headlight bulb on the console to light up. The alternator/tach/gauges issue now comes and goes as I'm driving, which makes me think it has to be a loose wire that periodically grounds out.

Frustrating, to say the least.

David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts